!!

Hello Guest! Kumusta!

Thank you for visiting PiPho Forum!
It would be best if you will register so you can use the additional benefits of the community such as joining events, interacting with fellow members and view the hidden boards of the forum.

Mabuhay, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Classifieds Posts

Invalid feed.

Recent Forum Posts

Author Topic: Petition for Nikon D7000 Video Firmware Upgrades  (Read 2001 times)

Offline LGO

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 1
Petition for Nikon D7000 Video Firmware Upgrades
« on: October 13, 2010, 03:15:22 AM »
I saw and supported this petition and am posting it here for those who would like to join the petition.

Thanks.

LGO

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Petition:

Looking for:

1080 24, 25, 30
720 60/50 (for PAL)
and a Higher bit rate shooting option.

See more details below:

Please help to petition the engineers over at Nikon to make the D7000 a serious production-level camera that can compete with Canon on all fronts.

While the D7000 on paper seems to be a great competitor for Canon's line of cameras, there are a few options that may keep it from being widely embraced as the Canons have.

As someone who makes his living working on commercials, I can attest to the number of Canons being used for TV Commercials, music videos, and short films.  As a Nikon owner and user I would like to encourage Nikon to issue firmware upgrades to not only help themselves, but all Nikon owners, still shooters, indy filmmakers, news reporters, and hobbyists alike who will benefit from these upgrades.   

Users want frame rate options. 1080 at 24p is there, but serious productions also want 25p (PAL countries) and 30 (29.97) options. 720 60p / 50p has become a mainstay on the Canons for slow-mo and would go a long way to getting Nikon caught up.

Also, while we haven't really had a chance to test this, it seems as if the bit rate on the video is significantly lower than Canon's which indicates more compression.  They already offer a normal and a high quality setting for video, why not offer a highest with bit rates that are closer to the 50 or 60 mbps range than the 19Mbs currently calculated on the camera.  Even if this cut shooting times down to 10 or even 5 minutes per clip, that would be fine with me. (Now, I've read that Nikon is using B frames when shooting, while Canon is only using I & P frames.  The actually quality comparison remains to be seen, but I have put a link to a forum discussing what this means for the Nikon in the links section).

Please spread and sign this petition to get Nikon moving on finally being a real party in the HD/VSLR revolution.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/d7000video/

Pinoy Photography - Philippines Online Photography Community

Petition for Nikon D7000 Video Firmware Upgrades
« on: October 13, 2010, 03:15:22 AM »

Offline retina

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 1046
  • Camera: Fujifilm
  • Field: Travel
  • Model: Nikon D750
  • Nickname: Doc A
Re: Petition for Nikon D7000 Video Firmware Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 12:30:50 PM »
I just did. ::) ;D ;)

Offline gqtuazon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 219
  • Camera: Nikon
  • Field: Landscape
  • Model: D8HE
  • Nickname: Glenn
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 08:40:07 PM »
LGO

Just a few question.

1.  How effective is the petition?  I have signed up with Nikon's Official website and they usually send out a survey once a year regarding the type of product that We (as consumers) would like to have.

2.  How safe is the site?  I'm not sure if they are going to share our email address to third party or retailers.  This is the only thing that's holding me off in providing my email.  I hate to get spam from various vendors and retailers.

I like the idea and any firmware upgrade always helps in the performance of the camera such as when we had the firmware update with the Nikon D700.

Thanks for sharing this link.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 08:43:16 PM by gqtuazon »

Offline LGO

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 10:59:05 PM »
LGO

Just a few question.

1.  How effective is the petition?  I have signed up with Nikon's Official website and they usually send out a survey once a year regarding the type of product that We (as consumers) would like to have.

2.  How safe is the site?  I'm not sure if they are going to share our email address to third party or retailers.  This is the only thing that's holding me off in providing my email.  I hate to get spam from various vendors and retailers.

I like the idea and any firmware upgrade always helps in the performance of the camera such as when we had the firmware update with the Nikon D700.

Thanks for sharing this link.

There is no certainty whether something will comes out from the petition.

The site is ready-made site where does who would like to solicit support in a petition can create,  disseminate and support the petition.  If you are unsure if the site is safe, you could purposely enter an email address that is slightly different from your actual one.

At best, this petition will make Nikon listen and take note.  At worst, it will bounce off Nikon's back as would water of a duck's feather. 

Tags: