!!

Hello Guest! Kumusta!

Thank you for visiting PiPho Forum!
It would be best if you will register so you can use the additional benefits of the community such as joining events, interacting with fellow members and view the hidden boards of the forum.

Mabuhay, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Classifieds Posts

Recent Forum Posts

Please recommend canon camera semi pro by likesups
[October 19, 2019, 07:23:48 PM]

Landscapes & Seascapes For All by likesups
[October 16, 2019, 08:42:20 PM]

Happy when It Rains by likesups
[October 14, 2019, 03:24:39 PM]

Life in New York by likesups
[October 12, 2019, 07:22:57 PM]

VRFPhotography by xcaliber14
[October 07, 2019, 09:53:08 AM]

FS: Nikon D850 dslr 45.7MP Camera body by fotoplace
[September 24, 2019, 07:11:49 PM]

Letting go of all or none at all. by wilybarrozo
[September 22, 2019, 09:41:27 PM]

Ibat-ibang kababaihan... by rarevision
[August 20, 2019, 05:42:45 PM]

Churches, Mosques, Synagogues etc - Places of Worship by rarevision
[August 07, 2019, 12:27:57 AM]

Mga Sikat... celebrity photos by rarevision
[August 07, 2019, 12:20:18 AM]

Author Topic: A Mystical Safari: Siquijor Island, Apo Island and Dumagauete  (Read 20147 times)

Offline Jerson

• Quality not Quantity
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • Circulan
  • Liked: 1
  • 2680... and counting
Re: A Mystical Safari: Siquijor Island, Apo Island and Dumagauete
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2010, 01:06:59 PM »
post more Karlo.. great capture of the church interior, well see you soon!
"Landscape photography is the art of light"

Pinoy Photography - Philippines Online Photography Community

« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2010, 01:06:59 PM »

Offline gml_5633

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2010, 08:39:03 AM »
Aba't biglang humaba pala ang kuwentuhan dine, tagal ko ding nawala. I enjoy your works karlo. Anyway, you know whats the next logical thing to do-POST MORE! Luv the interior of the Church.

I like to qoute this:
Sharing some words from Baz - "Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum."

Add ko lang ano about fear & worrying (wag lang too much), its actually productive why? becoz it's where all our senses are functioning. Pag may problema ka example & maghanap ka ng lutas, klase klaseng solution (rational & irrational) pumapasok  & thats where we used our under-utilize brain. From there the brain directs the rest of our also under utilize senses to work.

'When we have fear, we are strong' i guess is true coz explain mo nga ba't ma-alsa ng payatin na tao ang malaking ref sa nasunog nyang bahay? 

Offline zyon

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Marie Biscuits
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2010, 09:44:57 AM »
thanks zyon for taking time, taga cebu ka bai?

yes, pure cebuano and almost quarterly also goes to Manila coz my wife is from Marikina. seen some of your shots at Cebu Photo also.

Offline gregie27

• Robot
  • Remember, remember the 5th of November
« Reply #103 on: January 21, 2010, 11:44:15 PM »
yes, pure cebuano and almost quarterly also goes to Manila coz my wife is from Marikina. seen some of your shots at Cebu Photo also.

thanks sir zyon, sige pag nakaisip ako ng shoot sa Cebu will let you know.

Aba't biglang humaba pala ang kuwentuhan dine, tagal ko ding nawala. I enjoy your works karlo. Anyway, you know whats the next logical thing to do-POST MORE! Luv the interior of the Church.

I like to qoute this:
Add ko lang ano about fear & worrying (wag lang too much), its actually productive why? becoz it's where all our senses are functioning. Pag may problema ka example & maghanap ka ng lutas, klase klaseng solution (rational & irrational) pumapasok  & thats where we used our under-utilize brain. From there the brain directs the rest of our also under utilize senses to work.

'When we have fear, we are strong' i guess is true coz explain mo nga ba't ma-alsa ng payatin na tao ang malaking ref sa nasunog nyang bahay? 

thanks gml, we can never explain the power of human character.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."

Offline gregie27

• Robot
« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2010, 11:46:24 PM »
Truly inspirational work here, Karlo. Thanks also for sharing the EXIF on your posts, so that us newbies can learn a thing or two from you. I hope I can do the same when I go to Palawan next month. The only challenge is that there are already a lot of photos from that place. I really need to be more creative on that trip.

Cheers!

thanks patrick! I've never been to Coron and I'm sure it will be an adventure for you. Do post the images after so we can appreciate and leave constructive criticisms. good luck sir!
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."

Offline gregie27

• Robot
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2010, 11:57:21 PM »
Just came back from a 4 day business trip to  Thailand, so busy the past week. Anyways, its glad to be back here in Pipho sharing images to all. :)

In the town of Maluay,Zamboangita 35 kms away from Dumaguete you can reach Malatapay Market. Inside the busy part of Maluay, you can see the port going to Apo Island. We went there around 4am to catch a boat so we can shoot sunrise at the other side of Apo. Unfortunately, locals find the shark infested waters and strong waves too perilous to have a trip that early.

So just to wait and kill time we shot sunrise at Malatapay coastal. Good thing there are interesting foreground at that area and the sunrise isn’t that bad at all! See the island there? That’s Apo!

ISO 50 l 24mm l f16 l 20" l ND8 l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L

1024 res> http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4262458438_3a61994ffa_o.jpg

Offline gregie27

• Robot
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2010, 04:42:00 PM »
Magandang hapon kaibigan Kamusta ka? :) Hindi ko masyado naasikaso itong album dahil dami trabaho, tara merienda muna tayo dito sa beach. :)

Sitting 6-kilometers northeast of its city location, Maria, accessible through the port of Larena, the government-run Salagdoong Beach Resort boasts of its beautiful scenic treasures. Its shorelines could be considered its most loved views with its white sand, crystal-clear waters, and refreshing breeze.

Over at the Salagdoong Beach Resort, there is an islet close by. It’s beautiful to row to, and look back over at Salagdoong’s magnificent beachfront, which only leaves you gasping for more of Salagdoong, tucked mysteriously further amidst the coves. Salagdoong Beach Resort satisfies this urge as it provides all the amenities and services for tourists. This includes package tours in and through the private island’s best spots. - Siquijor Tourism

ISO 50 l 20mm l f13 l 1/6" l CPL l 5DMK2 l 17-40L

1024 res> http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/4311121202_1151a1b5f4_o.jpg

Offline demoboi

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Ovalteenees
  • Strobes!
  • Field: Landscape
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2010, 10:04:15 PM »
Speaking in behalf of the residents of Oriental Negros and Dumaguete, Great set bro! Really enjoyed browsing over the thread! I rarely do landscape but I was really impressed with your shots! Keep 'em coming and let me know if you're coming back!

Luigi

Offline gregie27

• Robot
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2010, 09:51:13 PM »
Speaking in behalf of the residents of Oriental Negros and Dumaguete, Great set bro! Really enjoyed browsing over the thread! I rarely do landscape but I was really impressed with your shots! Keep 'em coming and let me know if you're coming back!

Luigi

thanks sir luigi for the kind words. Negros is really an awesome place to shoot landscape, will be visiting again soon. Mabuhay ka sir!

Offline gregie27

• Robot
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2010, 09:57:18 PM »
Magandang gabi kaibigan! kamusta ka? Tara snacks tayo dito sa talon na ito.:D

Casaroro falls is hidden deep inside the province of Valencia. Going there you have to rent a van (pho600-1000/ 20$) or drive from Dumaguete City roughly around 12km away. There’s only so much road going to Casaroro falls then you have to walk/hike for another 20-30min to reach the entrance. There’s a fee worth 10bucks, just a small amount to help the local government preserve and maintain the surroundings.

The 350 STEPS traversing down Casaroro constitutes of lush greens, cool breeze and sound of birds echoing! This must be one of the tallest and awesome falls I’ve been too. I almost forgot about Hagimit haha. It’s so clean and the rock formations are just great! Now, The PAIN starts at 200 steps going up!

ISO 50 l 17mm l f11 l CPL l .9 NDGRAD SEl 5DMK2 l 17-40L

1024 res> http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4034/4310386081_32e845fbcd_o.jpg

Offline gml_5633

• Robot
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2010, 11:40:09 AM »
Casaroro falls is hidden deep inside the province of Valencia. Going there you have to rent a van (pho600-1000/ 20$) or drive from Dumaguete City roughly around 12km away.

WHOA! Galing bro. Very sharp & at ISO50, how long exposure mo? by the way, it's a dumb question: pwedeng maligo dun?

Offline gregie27

• Robot
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2010, 05:05:44 PM »
WHOA! Galing bro. Very sharp & at ISO50, how long exposure mo? by the way, it's a dumb question: pwedeng maligo dun?

yup pwede maligo don sir! hindi lang ako maruong lumangoy. sobra ganda sa casaroro iba yung feeling lalo na wala masyado tao since we went there on a weekday. Sorry I forgot to put the exposure setting it's 8sec. :)

ISO 50 l 17mm l f11 l 8" l CPL l .9 NDGRAD SEl 5DMK2 l 17-40L

Offline gregie27

• Robot
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2010, 06:38:38 PM »
Magandag Gabi kaibigan. Salamat sa pagsilip mo, tara biyahe tayo! :D My first sunrise in Apo Island. I was up early around 4am to check out the place. It was pitch black walking around Apo since electricity was cut that night at 9pm. The skies were filled with stars and I've never looked at the horizon that long it was Amazing. I saw a couple of shooting stars and it made me appreciate that time of the day more.

ISO 200 l 17mm l f11 l .5" l CPL l .9 NDGRAD SE l 5DMK2 l 17-40L

1024 res> http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4332334586_1294b6aeb3_o.jpg

Offline gml_5633

• Robot
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2010, 07:48:52 AM »
Magandag Gabi kaibigan. Salamat sa pagsilip mo, tara biyahe tayo! :D My first sunrise in Apo Island. ..

I've heard about that place, may dive site dyan di ba? And I think may lighthouse or something like that, how's the accomodation?

Offline gregie27

• Robot
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2010, 11:09:54 AM »
I've heard about that place, may dive site dyan di ba? And I think may lighthouse or something like that, how's the accomodation?

yup its famous for its diving spots sir and the lighthouse. accommodation around 1k-1.5k per night. But you can stay at the residences of the locals there. 500 lang per night electric fan, pero ayos naman cowboy lang.

Offline gml_5633

• Robot
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2010, 08:07:04 AM »
yup its famous for its diving spots sir and the lighthouse. accommodation around 1k-1.5k per night. But you can stay at the residences of the locals there. 500 lang per night electric fan, pero ayos naman cowboy lang.

Ok a. If you can pitch your tent much better. We were told last time there about Bais City & whale watching (am not sure kung dito ba or somewhere that area). Any idea?

Offline gregie27

• Robot
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2010, 11:38:30 AM »
Ok a. If you can pitch your tent much better. We were told last time there about Bais City & whale watching (am not sure kung dito ba or somewhere that area). Any idea?

yea bais is somewhere in Dumaguete sir. Too bad wasn't able to go there, Here's a link to that http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/bais-dolphin-and-whale-watching.php

Offline gregie27

• Robot
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2010, 11:42:30 AM »
Magandang tanghali kaibigan! tara lunch tayo dito sa tabi ng dagat ;D

These are the more expensive cottages in Apo Island. I didn't bother asking how much is the fee. ;D You have the entire beach front and a bar at the left most part. Usually the foreigners and balikbayans stay here where they spend their hard earned cash :D

I kept on going back to these rock formations at Apo due to its uniqueness! After shooting sunrise around 4am I went here to inspect the place at low tide. WOW, last night where I'm standing to take this shot was completely submerged! It showcased that morning awesome rocks and some sea-life crawling around it. The water is just a bonus to what I've seen that day!

ISO 50 l 17mm l f13 l 1" l CPL l 5DMK2 l 17-40L

1023 res> http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/4336014517_6495d6accc_o.jpg

Tags: