!!

Hello Guest! Kumusta!

Thank you for visiting PiPho Forum!
It would be best if you will register so you can use the additional benefits of the community such as joining events, interacting with fellow members and view the hidden boards of the forum.

Mabuhay, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Classifieds Posts

Invalid feed.

Recent Forum Posts

Author Topic: Bali, Indonesia  (Read 6100 times)

Offline sarked

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 0
    • Adventure Travel Asia
Re: Bali, Indonesia
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 11:03:28 PM »
The temples are under renovation so you can't go around to see what's inside.

We saw a group of people gathering around the cliffside.  They have this "holy snake" which you can see in exchange for a small donation.  They said it is for good luck.

It looked normal to me.  So when I asked the guide why it's holy, he said that it was found on the temple grounds.  If the snake same snake was found somewhere else, would it still be holy?  I wonder.

The view again is breathtaking especially from the higher points of the area.

Looking for an Asian adventure? Follow my blog, Adventure Travel Asia!

Looking for a good place to eat in Singapore?  Here's a list of Top Restaurants in Singapore

www.IndieMusicPhilippines.com

Pinoy Photography - Philippines Online Photography Community

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 11:03:28 PM »

Offline sarked

• Robot
    • Adventure Travel Asia
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 11:11:59 PM »
Royal Temple

This is another temple we visited.  Yes, we visited a lot.  What's good about this temple is that it is very well maintained.

This temple also has a walk-path around the worship grounds which lets you see what's really inside the temple.

You'll see lots of little huts within the worship area.  The base of the hut has very intricate stone-works.

Here is one of the temple keepers doing her rounds of daily offerings.  These daily offerings are flowers, candies, cookies and incense on a small dish made out of coconut leaves.

Looking for a good place to eat in Singapore?  Here's a list of Top Restaurants in Singapore

Offline sarked

• Robot
    • Adventure Travel Asia
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 11:25:09 PM »
Balinese Spa
Of course, you can't go to Bali without hitting the Spa.

They have 2 to 3 hour treatments.  We got ourselves the 2-hour treatment which includes a full body massage, body scrub and hot bath (in tub with lots of flower petals!).

Offline sarked

• Robot
    • Adventure Travel Asia
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 11:26:06 PM »
Bali Bombing Monument
Before we left Bali, we stopped by the bombing site where a monument was built in memory of the victims.

On this empty lot was a very popular night club.  This is a very busy street.  According to our guide, the road was so busy that cars were moving very slowly and there were a lot of people.  This is why a lot of people fell victims to the car bomb.

Majority of the victims were Australian and locals.

On the monument are the names of all the people who lost their lives from this terrible event.

You can see from above that there are two pictures tied to the posts (lower left, only one is seen in the close-up).  These are pictures of sisters who were victims of the bombings.

Our prayers to victims and their families.

Let's hope that we can maintain peace in such a beautiful place.

Offline sarked

• Robot
    • Adventure Travel Asia
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 11:30:09 PM »
Well..

That was the last of it.

I hope you enjoyed the thread.  I hope I was able to bring all of you to Bali through my pictures.   ;)

Bali is really a nice place.  It's not just beaches.

Thanks for all the comments posted so far.  I open to comments and criticisms, whether on the photography or the way I presented it.

Again, thank you so much for viewing.  ;)

Offline j3k2

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 2
  • Everybody Lies - House
  • Camera: Nikon, Fuji
  • Field: Travel
  • Model: Nikon Df, Fuji XT-1
  • Nickname: Jek
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2008, 05:34:49 AM »
thanks for the free tour sarked  ;D
I'd rather stay behind the camera and critique my skill rather be infront and denounce myself - jek

Offline sarked

• Robot
    • Adventure Travel Asia
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2008, 09:51:27 AM »
Thanks Jek!

I really wanted it to be like a tour so people can appreciate my pictures more.

Thanks again!

Offline blister

• FREETHINKER
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 1
  • B-Line Visuals
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2008, 10:14:15 AM »
Buti na lang I saw this thread! My wife and I are booking for a trip to Bali this February, but we were still still choosing between Bali or Palawan... because of this thread... Bali na for sure... Im excited to show this to my wife tonight... we're both photographers so Im sure we will enjoy the place... I just hope we could go around to the places like you did...

would you mind PM'ing me the 'financial statistics' of this trip :)
this is a sort of honeymoon trip for us (newlywed couple) :) we heard Bali is damn cheaper than Palawan or Bohol so we took that into consideration :)

Thanks for sharing your wonderful set! Truly a big big help!
“I used to have Amnesia, but I forgot all about it. ”
“Hardwork pays off in the future. Laziness pays off NOW”

Offline sarked

• Robot
    • Adventure Travel Asia
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008, 11:28:49 AM »
Hello Artee!  Let me post here nalang instead of PM para I can share the info to others.

We got a free 3D 2N stay at Rama Garden Hotel (http://www.ramagardenhotelbali.com/).  We won it from a raffle by Club Astoria.   :D

You can try checking the site for rates.  It's a nice place and the beach is just a few minutes walk.

We spent for the airfare.  Just check the current rates.  We flew from Singapore, so I'm not sure about the pricing if coming from Manila.  Check Cebu Pacific if may promo.

Taxi from the airport to the hotel was about US$5.  May taxi stand sa labas ng airport.

We got our daily tours from Jason(stationed at the hotel).  He's offering private tours.  I think you can find private tours from different hotels as well.

Our daily tour was about US$50 per day(or US$30 for half day).  They have a list of places you can visit.  Just choose from the list.  Price does not include entrance fees.  Entrance fees range from US$5-8 per head, per place.

Food is about the same price in the Philippines.  Hotel prices are of course, more expensive.  Street food was about US$1-2 per meal.  Dinner at Jimbaran bay is quite expensive though at about $150 for two.  This was for the set meal.  I suggest you just choose ala carte.  They price at per 100gms.

For souvenir shopping, ask the driver to bring you to the mall.  Prices there are fixed.  We did this to avoid the hassle of bargaining.  If you're good at bargaining, you can go to the market.

When bargaining, be careful though because they usually start at triple the price.  Our worst experience was when the seller was throwing items into the car to force you to buy.  Muntik na ngang sumakay yung isa!  Di ka talaga titigilan.  That's why we opted for the mall.

I hope I was able to give enough information.  Just post if you need other info.

Enjoy!

Offline blister

• FREETHINKER
  • Robot
  • B-Line Visuals
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 12:04:37 PM »
wow thanks! sarap naman! libre hotel! :) actually kami din libre hotel! :) so more or less we are on the same path... I want to tour more than the beach also... lalo na yung mga hindu temples, etc... looking forward to this trip! hopefully by feb nabili ko na yung FF camera na iniipunan ko for a big project. Thanks Sarked!

Offline sarked

• Robot
    • Adventure Travel Asia
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2008, 01:12:26 PM »
nyaaah!  5D2 ba yan!?  kainggit naman!!!!   :'(

There are a lot of places to go to..  just choose from the list they give you.  Kulang ang 3days!!!

We'll wait for your pics.. and FF cam.. ehehhe!  Enjoy!

Offline blister

• FREETHINKER
  • Robot
  • B-Line Visuals
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2008, 01:43:52 PM »
nyaaah!  5D2 ba yan!?  kainggit naman!!!!   :'(

There are a lot of places to go to..  just choose from the list they give you.  Kulang ang 3days!!!

We'll wait for your pics.. and FF cam.. ehehhe!  Enjoy!

well we're still torn between a 5D MkII and the classic 5D... we actually need both kasi... well hopefully the project pushes thru, medyo big budget kasi... it will be the only chance I can handle my first FF cam!

anyway, we are planning to stay in bali for a week... sabi ko nga kasi kulang kung 3d 4n lang... your photos have proven me right!

Offline sarked

• Robot
    • Adventure Travel Asia
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2008, 02:04:27 PM »
well we're still torn between a 5D MkII and the classic 5D... we actually need both kasi... well hopefully the project pushes thru, medyo big budget kasi... it will be the only chance I can handle my first FF cam!

anyway, we are planning to stay in bali for a week... sabi ko nga kasi kulang kung 3d 4n lang... your photos have proven me right!

Good luck sa cam!  Pahiram!  Hahaha!

Btw, the places are a bit far that's why 3d is not enough.  It usually takes 30mins-1hour travel to go to one place.  Sa biyahe mauubos ang oras mo.  Pero once you're at the place, you'll know na sobrang sulit ang biyahe!

Offline markarce

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Tocino + Rice
  • Liked: 25
  • Field: Travel
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2008, 02:30:17 PM »
This is an excellent set! I liked it!

Tags: