!!

Hello Guest! Kumusta!

Thank you for visiting PiPho Forum!
It would be best if you will register so you can use the additional benefits of the community such as joining events, interacting with fellow members and view the hidden boards of the forum.

Mabuhay, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Classifieds Posts

Recent Forum Posts

Please recommend canon camera semi pro by likesups
[October 19, 2019, 07:23:48 PM]

Landscapes & Seascapes For All by likesups
[October 16, 2019, 08:42:20 PM]

Happy when It Rains by likesups
[October 14, 2019, 03:24:39 PM]

Life in New York by likesups
[October 12, 2019, 07:22:57 PM]

VRFPhotography by xcaliber14
[October 07, 2019, 09:53:08 AM]

FS: Nikon D850 dslr 45.7MP Camera body by fotoplace
[September 24, 2019, 07:11:49 PM]

Letting go of all or none at all. by wilybarrozo
[September 22, 2019, 09:41:27 PM]

Ibat-ibang kababaihan... by rarevision
[August 20, 2019, 05:42:45 PM]

Churches, Mosques, Synagogues etc - Places of Worship by rarevision
[August 07, 2019, 12:27:57 AM]

Mga Sikat... celebrity photos by rarevision
[August 07, 2019, 12:20:18 AM]

Author Topic: NIKON D40 LOST TO BUKAS KOTSE  (Read 10852 times)

Offline nikmatik

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marie Biscuits
  • Liked: 0
NIKON D40 LOST TO BUKAS KOTSE
« on: October 22, 2007, 09:21:22 PM »
I lost the following last Oct. 18, Thursday at aorund 7:00-8:00 pm;  I left the camera bag inside the car to do some groceries.  I parked my car in a well lighted spot inside the supermarket compound with a guard nearby.  When I went back my camera bag is missing.  I am giving the establishment enough time to investigate and replace or pay for the stolen items.  If they fail to meet my demand I will post here the name of the establishment and the name of the seurity agency.  In the meantime please notify me if anyone of you should encounter my gear.  Medyo detailed yung description because I copy/pasted from affidavit.

Nikon D40 Digital SLR camera with serial no. 8026852
Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Zoom with serial no. 2129897
Nikon EN-EL 9 battery with charger
52mm UV filter
LCD cover
Sigma lens 70-300mm macro with UV filter and lens cap
Nikon Speedlight SB-600 with serial no. 2498139 with re-chargeable batteries contained in pouch
Step-up (adaptor ring)
Close up filter +1, +2, +3
Blue filter
Polarizer filter
Flash Diffuser
Various memory card and card adaptors
USB data cable
Camera bag “Jebsens”
Manual for Nikon D40
Manual for Nikon Speedlight SB-600

Pinoy Photography - Philippines Online Photography Community

NIKON D40 LOST TO BUKAS KOTSE
« on: October 22, 2007, 09:21:22 PM »

Offline nikmatik

• Marie Biscuits
Re: NIKON D40 LOST TO BUKAS KOTSE
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 09:24:10 PM »
my number nga pala is 0917-8192590, 0920-8428749, 614-0434

Thanks

Offline aspirecaptured

• Robot
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 09:26:43 PM »
They should replace the lost items. Is the guard near your vehicle sir?(near pala.. hehe) I don't know if they will be responsible if stated there that it's a free parking zone.. Di kaya kakontsaba nya un criminal?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 09:33:10 PM by aspirecaptured »
Why? Why not. Why? Why not.. 324480

Offline KNJO

• The Evil K
  • Ex - Org Officio
  • Trade Count: (150)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 165
  • If first you don't succeed, try photoshop.
    • www.karlorteza.com
  • Field: Portraiture
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 09:34:27 PM »
oh my, i'm sorry to hear that... I think they have a precaution sign stating that "do not leave valuables inside the car", pero most times we do forget that. kahit may guard on duty nawalan ka pa, grabe na yan...
after hearing all the stories @ PiPho, i've made a point to double check my locks, parking spot, and take any notice on suspicious people or cars.  :(

Offline nikmatik

• Marie Biscuits
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 09:36:20 PM »
that will always be their defense; that they are not responsible because its free parking.  But I was inside their compound.  and even those with pay parking will always say that your parking ticket states that
"management will not be responsible for lost or stolen items".  That leaves us consumers at a loss.  Talo tayo kahit san mo tingnan kung ganyan ang mga katuwiran nila.  So for me, I will use the power of the Internet if they do not attend to this to my entire satisfaction.  I will post the name of of the establishment and the security agency so that others will beware.  This is the only thing we small consumers can do.  Because I don't think the police will waste their time on things like this coming from an ordinary citizen.

Offline siano

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 09:45:44 PM »
i feel your loss, Nik.

i certainly hope the establishment replaces your stuff. there's an incident in Greenhills (not sure though) wherein newspaper columnist Isah Red's BMW was burglarized. Binasag yung salamin ng kotse niya. yung guard house e malapit lang dun sa kotse niya. nakuha yung laptop niya. someone from the establishment said they would replace what he lost. ewan lang kung kasama yung damage sa card niya.

sana ganyang kabait yung establishment na binilhan at pinaradahan mo.

Offline toti_s

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Circulan
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 10:00:08 PM »
i was a victim of this gang before. maybe they were attracted on my oakley on the dashboard, 'cuz that's the only thing they have stolen.

the #1 in the do's and dont's..."never leave your camera in a parked car" helped me saved my toy.

Offline eggward

• Ex - Moderator
  • Robot
  • eggminator
    • itlog and friends
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 10:06:06 PM »
Napapansin niyo na ba yung mga nagsusulputan na pawnshop? May cellphone pawnshop. may laptop pawnshop. may motorcycle pawnshop (yes, meron na po). kakaiba diba?

Offline M_Santi

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Ovalteenees
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 10:19:07 PM »
It takes a very simple and small safety hammer to smash a window easily.

Lesson learned (I hope...) never leave anything inside your car that would attract attention such as bags, portfolios, planners, shades (thats why some people even detach their head units faceplates).

As I've said, it's a very easy to break into a car and much easier to just break the glass. Better put your stuff inside your trunk.

Just my 2 centavos...

Offline slinky67

• metrolitratista
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Robot
    • Metrophotography
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 10:24:32 PM »
i hope that they pay you back!  is this a grocery somewhere in qc? 
God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.
James 4:6
-----------------------------------------------------------------
www.mymetrophoto.com
www.flickr.com/photos/rache677

Offline aspirecaptured

• Robot
    • Flickr
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 10:24:48 PM »
Pati camera insurance... Ganun na ba talaga katalamak nakawan sa Pinas? Just to be safe you must apply your things sa mga insurance company... Un billboard pa nila pinapakita na kahit may araw pa ninanakawan un car on the road mismo..:P Alligator talaga un company na un.. Tsk Tsk.. Educ plan ko di na nga nagbibigay..Same company.. Justice system talaga sa Pinas..
@nikmatik, almost 250 thousand un worth ng 2 1/2 years dun sa dati kong school.. Hayy..  :-\
Pati school sinama sa group of companies..
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 10:27:21 PM by aspirecaptured »
Why? Why not. Why? Why not.. 324480

Offline nikmatik

• Marie Biscuits
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 10:53:49 PM »
The supermarket is in QC.  Wag ko munang i-name kasi tumawag na naman kanina and they said they will just have to refer matters sa mga big bossing.  FYI, my vehicle has been with me for 13 yrs.  It's a 94 Toyota FX.  Never pa yang nabuksan o nanakawan. Kahit spare tire na napakadaling kunin hindi pa nanakaw.  Madalas ako sa Quaipo and Divisoria sa mga alanganing parking, but ni minsan , thanks god, di pa nabuksan or na-attempt na buksan. Sa bahay, sa kalye lang naka-park.  And I'm sure na hindi ko nakalimutang i-lock kasi kasama ko si mrs. and palagi siya umiikot to check all doors.  It was only during that time that I left my camera in the car kasi naging kampante ako, kasi maliwanag at may guardia and maraming tao.  Meron pa ngang laptop sa likod kaya lang yung camera bag lang kinuha kasi nasa passnger seat lang behind the driver.

Si Isah Red is a journalist and BMW kotse, big time.  Eh yung mga katulad nating small time, can we expect the same treatment kaya?

I will keep you posted guys posted.

Offline m_ke2

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Circulan
  • Liked: 2
    • My Site
  • Field: Landscape
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 11:19:41 PM »
do you know a good lawyer? he/she may be able to help, it doesn't need to reach in court, just a settlement with the "company".

From my limited understanding of our law, the statement that the "company" puts in the parking ticket that they are not responsible for any damages or stolen items from their premises is not always enforceable. If you can prove that there is neglect in security inside the premises whether it is free or not, you can sue them.

Offline BigDaddy

• life is a journey....make every second count
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 1
  • There is no rest for the weary....
    • http://www.rafiuy.multiply.com/
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 11:07:22 PM »
This is even more scarier for our fellow photographers who sometimes just commute to and from work  :-[
But it goes the same for me...don't leave valuables inside your car, more so if it can be seen from the outside, I try to keep my goodies in the trunk (like its going to be a big help) but at least it isn't eye candy for thieves.

...how far can you run into a forest?
...200 feet...500 feet...doesn't matter....you can only run halfway in, the rest of the time is spent running out

D300 | 18-200mm VR

Multiply: rafiuy.multiply.com/

Offline bugs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Ovalteenees
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 11:46:03 AM »
hi if you have insurance, baka pwde mo i-claim. if im not mistaken, there's this one incident where aguy entrusted his car to a parking attendant to have it valet. when he claimed his car after eating in the restaurant, the car was gone. the isurance comany paid for the car, & in turn, the insurance company sued the restaurant. the court decided in favor of the insurance company, claiming that the it is illegal for the restaurant to state that they are not responsible. im not sure though if this also applies to things stolen inside the car.

Offline quixilver

• Gear Head
  • Trade Count: (123)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 11
  • Plantsador!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2007, 12:07:17 PM »
im not sure though if this also applies to things stolen inside the car.

it does not apply to the things inside the car including the car accessories installed. those items are not insured
The impossible exists only until we find a way to make it possible. - Mike Horn
No one automatically gives you respect just because you show up. You have to earn it. - Lance Armstrong
Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. - Michael Jordan

Offline geourgina

• PiPho Org Member
  • Trade Count: (127)
  • Robot
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 12:13:11 PM »
Justice system talaga sa Pinas..

.... wala ..... OT
"When subject matter is forced to fit into preconceived patterns, there can be no freshness of vision. Following rules of composition can only lead to a tedious repetition of pictorial cliches." -Edward Weston

Offline inggaybes

• Trade Count: (23)
  • Tocino + Rice
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2007, 12:54:48 PM »
mga piphols,, ingats din kayo sa san sebastian church parking in manila.. kung attend kayo ng
wedding dun or any event happenings within the area. .extra ingats nalang. ibaba nyo lahat ng gears nyo...kahit mabigat or madami..
yng toyota grandia van namin, binasag yng salamin sa likod, ninakaw isang maleta ko full of
musical and photo gears....iniwan pa yng bato na ginamit...bale ang style nila, nakabalot yng malaking bato sa towel para hindi masyado maingay pag binasag...ni report yn sa san sebastian, symepre deadma sila..tsaka hindi na nila daw responsibility yn.,.. anyway  na-share ko lng itong experience ko.

Offline bugs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Ovalteenees
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 12:38:06 AM »
mga piphols,, ingats din kayo sa san sebastian church parking in manila.. kung attend kayo ng
wedding dun or any event happenings within the area. .extra ingats nalang. ibaba nyo lahat ng gears nyo...kahit mabigat or madami..
yng toyota grandia van namin, binasag yng salamin sa likod, ninakaw isang maleta ko full of
musical and photo gears....iniwan pa yng bato na ginamit...bale ang style nila, nakabalot yng malaking bato sa towel para hindi masyado maingay pag binasag...ni report yn sa san sebastian, symepre deadma sila..tsaka hindi na nila daw responsibility yn.,.. anyway  na-share ko lng itong experience ko.

wow even sa church?!!! these are really desperate times :(

Offline imperialv

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Circulan
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 05:50:12 PM »
@nikmatik... sorry for your lost.. kaya nga I always put my gear underneath the seats, in case talagang dapat kong iwan ang camera or laptop gear ko.

The supermarket is in QC.  Wag ko munang i-name kasi tumawag na naman kanina and they said they will just have to refer matters sa mga big bossing.  FYI, my vehicle has been with me for 13 yrs.  It's a 94 Toyota FX.  Never pa yang nabuksan o nanakawan. Kahit spare tire na napakadaling kunin hindi pa nanakaw.  Madalas ako sa Quaipo and Divisoria sa mga alanganing parking, but ni minsan , thanks god, di pa nabuksan or na-attempt na buksan. Sa bahay, sa kalye lang naka-park.  And I'm sure na hindi ko nakalimutang i-lock kasi kasama ko si mrs. and palagi siya umiikot to check all doors.  It was only during that time that I left my camera in the car kasi naging kampante ako, kasi maliwanag at may guardia and maraming tao.  Meron pa ngang laptop sa likod kaya lang yung camera bag lang kinuha kasi nasa passnger seat lang behind the driver.

Si Isah Red is a journalist and BMW kotse, big time.  Eh yung mga katulad nating small time, can we expect the same treatment kaya?

I will keep you posted guys posted.

Tags: