!!

Hello Guest! Kumusta!

Thank you for visiting PiPho Forum!
It would be best if you will register so you can use the additional benefits of the community such as joining events, interacting with fellow members and view the hidden boards of the forum.

Mabuhay, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Classifieds Posts

Invalid feed.

Recent Forum Posts

Author Topic: Panasonic LX100 and GM-5  (Read 13001 times)

Offline raffy_eos7D

• "That in all things, God may be glorified."
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 85
  • GAS Addict
  • Camera: Olympus
  • Field: Travel
  • Model: OMD
  • Nickname: Raffy
Re: Panasonic LX100 and GM-5
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2015, 08:16:46 AM »
Been using one for a few months already. A joy to use! It's my everyday camera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Neil, How's the autofocus in low light and accuracy? Do you Find the Eye detection Feature useful & reliable for portraits? Thanks.
| OMD | M. Zuiko 45mm 1.8 | Lumix 14mm 2.5 | Gordy's Camera Strap l  B+W F-PRO l Manfrotto BeFree  |

Pinoy Photography - Philippines Online Photography Community

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2015, 08:16:46 AM »

Offline neilc

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Circulan
  • Liked: 101
  • Sobra pero sakto!
  • Field: Portraiture
  • Model: EM-5
  • Nickname: Neil
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 08:31:43 AM »
Hi Raffy! AF is great! I was spoiled with the OMD speed and this didn't disappoint.  Haven't used this in very low light but I haven't used the flash either.  Love this camera! I'm not missing my X100T a bit.

Olympus EM-5 (OM-D), Olympus 17mm f1.8

Offline raffy_eos7D

• Robot
  • GAS Addict
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2015, 06:42:39 PM »
Hi Raffy! AF is great! I was spoiled with the OMD speed and this didn't disappoint.  Haven't used this in very low light but I haven't used the flash either.  Love this camera! I'm not missing my X100T a bit.

Neil have you tried the Face/Eye Detection feature? If this is accurate i think it is better than the one on Olympus.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DquZF1MTlU Small | Large
| OMD | M. Zuiko 45mm 1.8 | Lumix 14mm 2.5 | Gordy's Camera Strap l  B+W F-PRO l Manfrotto BeFree  |

Offline pogzz505

• "God is good all the time"
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 195
  • Camera: Fujifilm
  • Field: Portraiture
  • Model: X-T10
  • Nickname: Romel
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2015, 12:14:46 AM »
some thoughts about that facial/eye recognition thing..shooting candids of people during events..

siguro kasi sa DSLR ako nag-aral na you frame the shot and then move your focus points style..

or (this is what I always do)while searching for a shot, still camera down, creating the image in my head, lifting the camera to my eye at the the same time changing the focus point let's say to upper left thirds, then boom got the shot. My focus points are always sleeping at the upper/right thirds..always..

I never bothered using the face detection feature with my EM5, siguro kasi parang P&S feel ang dating sa akin. Yun bang parang "Hey hindi ginagawa ng tunay na photog yan"

pero last week may family event kami, surprise 50th birthday, 6pm indoors, sort of dim lighting, there's some white ceiling and some white cloth decor so easy for added bounce flash.

I don't know why pero siguro I just want to play with that feature so I set it ON the whole night. 90% of the time using 45mm 1.8 at 1.8 and the 12-50 for big group shots.

When I checked the images in my PC, wow spot on lahat, ang dali nung mga head/shoulders solo shots, just look around for nice framing and the camera will find the face. Mas less yung pagod ko in thinking where I'm going to put them sa frame or sa pagpili ng points.

naisip ko tuloy since I want to go FF or DX DSLR again..can DSLRs do face detect?
he, he ang haba ng story yun lang pala tanong..

Offline retina

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 1046
  • Camera: Fujifilm
  • Model: Nikon D750
  • Nickname: Doc A
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2015, 12:47:33 AM »
some thoughts about that facial/eye recognition thing..shooting candids of people during events..

siguro kasi sa DSLR ako nag-aral na you frame the shot and then move your focus points style..

or (this is what I always do)while searching for a shot, still camera down, creating the image in my head, lifting the camera to my eye at the the same time changing the focus point let's say to upper left thirds, then boom got the shot. My focus points are always sleeping at the upper/right thirds..always..

I never bothered using the face detection feature with my EM5, siguro kasi parang P&S feel ang dating sa akin. Yun bang parang "Hey hindi ginagawa ng tunay na photog yan"

pero last week may family event kami, surprise 50th birthday, 6pm indoors, sort of dim lighting, there's some white ceiling and some white cloth decor so easy for added bounce flash.

I don't know why pero siguro I just want to play with that feature so I set it ON the whole night. 90% of the time using 45mm 1.8 at 1.8 and the 12-50 for big group shots.

When I checked the images in my PC, wow spot on lahat, ang dali nung mga head/shoulders solo shots, just look around for nice framing and the camera will find the face. Mas less yung pagod ko in thinking where I'm going to put them sa frame or sa pagpili ng points.

naisip ko tuloy since I want to go FF or DX DSLR again..can DSLRs do face detect?

ang haba ng sagot ko yes it can but...it is not as reliable as the oly..that something that is best done without the mirrors...yan ang inherent advantage ng mirrorless...

Offline raffy_eos7D

• Robot
  • GAS Addict
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2015, 10:31:02 PM »

I also use the eye feature on my oly and for me it is a joy to use. It very effective & i love it however i think this lx100 or any other pany will be better as shown in the above video because it has an crossed line around the eyeball and even if you are not pressing the shutter button, it shows right away where it will focus. I'm not quite sure though in real light situation since i've never tried that feature on a pany body.

Offline wed7

• Tocino + Rice
  • Liked: 10
  • Camera: Pentax
  • Field: Still Life
  • Model: K-30
  • Nickname: Alvin
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 11:15:08 AM »
Has anyone tried how long does the LX-100 can cover videos? Thank you.
K-30 15 | 21 | 35M | 70 | 100M WR | 16-85 WR
"The best camera is the one you have"

Tags: