!!

Hello Guest! Kumusta!

Thank you for visiting PiPho Forum!
It would be best if you will register so you can use the additional benefits of the community such as joining events, interacting with fellow members and view the hidden boards of the forum.

Mabuhay, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Classifieds Posts

Recent Forum Posts

Life in New York by likesups
[October 12, 2019, 07:22:57 PM]

VRFPhotography by xcaliber14
[October 07, 2019, 09:53:08 AM]

FS: Nikon D850 dslr 45.7MP Camera body by fotoplace
[September 24, 2019, 07:11:49 PM]

Letting go of all or none at all. by wilybarrozo
[September 22, 2019, 09:41:27 PM]

Happy when It Rains by rarevision
[August 26, 2019, 11:48:13 AM]

Ibat-ibang kababaihan... by rarevision
[August 20, 2019, 05:42:45 PM]

Landscapes & Seascapes For All by mcCoy!
[August 07, 2019, 11:15:58 AM]

Churches, Mosques, Synagogues etc - Places of Worship by rarevision
[August 07, 2019, 12:27:57 AM]

Mga Sikat... celebrity photos by rarevision
[August 07, 2019, 12:20:18 AM]

D7K+ Shoot - January 2013 by Miguelina
[August 02, 2019, 03:11:46 PM]

Author Topic: fuji xt1 vs sony a7  (Read 4395 times)

Offline WaZ

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Tocino + Rice
  • Liked: 0
fuji xt1 vs sony a7
« on: August 05, 2015, 07:05:11 PM »
good day!

Any inputs on w/c do you prefer between the 2? any cons and pros?  please share your comments and experiences between the 2 cameras

thank you

Pinoy Photography - Philippines Online Photography Community

fuji xt1 vs sony a7
« on: August 05, 2015, 07:05:11 PM »

Offline raffy_eos7D

• "That in all things, God may be glorified."
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 85
  • GAS Addict
  • Camera: Olympus
  • Field: Travel
  • Model: OMD
  • Nickname: Raffy
Re: fuji xt1 vs sony a7
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:01:17 PM »
Tried Fuji before, Its a great system. You get great image quality from that x sensor. Fuji also offers great lens selection as it continue to expand its lens line-up. Downside is AF reliability though. Like you i'm also interested in the Sony A7 series. I have only tried a6000 before and my problem with this system is lens selection. There are only few lenses for the a7 series and if you want to maximize the potential of that fullframe sensor then you should buy expensive glass like Zeiss which for me isn't reasonably priced or get a manual focus lens. If only Sony could come up with cheap but good glass like 40mm 2.8 stm 50mm 1.8 stm & 85mm 1.8 usm (from canon) / 50mm 1.8g & 85mm 1.8g (from nikon) then Sony will be a more competitive system not only for the pros but also for the hobbyist and enthusiast.  :)
| OMD | M. Zuiko 45mm 1.8 | Lumix 14mm 2.5 | Gordy's Camera Strap l  B+W F-PRO l Manfrotto BeFree  |

Offline retina

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 1046
  • Camera: Fujifilm
  • Model: Nikon D750
  • Nickname: Doc A
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 11:16:46 PM »
Any of those camera is adequate for me but I won't pick any of those at this point of time. Maybe if I can find a juicy offer then I will get the Fuji X-t1 since I can easily sell it back. The lenses are great and light although the zooms are getting bigger like the DSLR. Sony A7, it is a good camera and take great images too. I can pair it with Sony Zeiss 35 1.4 or 55 1.8 and I will be so happy. The Zeiss lenses are not cheap. It is very hard to sell back the sony system in case you don't want it anymore.

After sales service of Fujifilm is very good in the Philippines. That is why I may go back to Fuji again in the future. However, the A7R II is tempting to me. I was waiting for the A7s II plus IBIS but this might not be the case. Sony will make it videocentric and will assume a bigger and different form.

Lastly, Olympus E-M1 2 maybe just around the corner and this might be another consideration. Some of us can afford to wait because we already have an existing system. I don't consider mirrorless as of now as my mainstay but a second option to play around. That might change in the future though. IMHO.
@raffy_eos7D gas his way around but these days he is so quite. Maybe he likes the Oly!!! ha ha ha ha...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:00:38 AM by retina »

Offline ccp900

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Circulan
  • Liked: 5
  • Field: Portraiture
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 11:36:01 PM »
I would have to agree with Doc on on the gear churning.....for me though i gladly went the Sony route after selling my 7D.  I liked the form factor and i would gladly shift to a mirrorless if I can get most of the benefits of a dslr.  The fact that the a7 went FF was the nail in the coffin for me....ive been thinking of moving to FF and the Sony A7s ticked a lot of my "need" boxes.  I had to sacrifice the AF accuracy (AF-C) of the 7D but i seldom used it anyway.  Shooting with high ISOs though i get to use almost all the time....so the tradeoff was more than fair.

On the lenses, there are great lenses that arent that expensive.  The kit lens 28-70 is actually quite a stellar performer.  The 35 2.8 is great as well.  I love taking UWA shots when i go on travel and Sony's 16-35 can rival Canon's and Nikon's offering.  The problem right now though is the long telephoto range....there arent any yet.  If you really wanna penny pinch and you arent lazy to manual focus then guess what ... buy an old 50mm on ebay...some go for like 10 dollars.  Top notch optics for 10 dollars you cannot beat that.

This though becomes moot now that the a7r2 came out.  Near native af speed even using an adapter for canon and nikon glass means that the lens issue ceases to exist.  You have a collection of Canon/Nikon lenses that you dont want to let go? Then dont....and you tradeoff very very little now.  If that isnt a deal breaker then i dont know what is....Sony just made transitioning to their system exponentially easier due to that technology.  BUT! a7r2 is still not the end all and be all....it still isnt for sports but for the everyday shooter the a7 series seems a very strong contender.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 11:39:02 PM by ccp900 »
[Sony A7s | Sony Zeiss FE 16-35 Æ’/4 | Sony FE 28-70 | Voigtlander Nokton 40mm Æ’/1.4 | Canon 24-105m Æ’/4L | Canon 85m Æ’/1.8 | Sigma 30m Æ’/1.4 | Canon 10-22m Æ’/3.5-4.5 | Canon 100m Æ’/2.8 Macro USM | Canon 580 EX Ver 1.0]

Offline retina

• Global Moderator
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 11:59:57 PM »
BTW, I forgot...theres the a7II with IBIS!!! That is the best feature for me personally for the A7 series. I seldom shoot sports though.If indeed I will encounter it I am sure I can manage to get few keepers. If I am a professional sports shooter, I will be shooting with 7d or ID . The a7II is not that expensive now....I will just debate later on after I sort out my finances...A7II vs A7rII. My kids are entering Med School and my hobby will stay in the background for awhile  :'( :'( :'( .....sorry for the OT but I need a little rant ha ha ha ha.

I would have to agree with Doc on on the gear churning.....for me though i gladly went the Sony route after selling my 7D.  I liked the form factor and i would gladly shift to a mirrorless if I can get most of the benefits of a dslr.  The fact that the a7 went FF was the nail in the coffin for me....ive been thinking of moving to FF and the Sony A7s ticked a lot of my "need" boxes.  I had to sacrifice the AF accuracy (AF-C) of the 7D but i seldom used it anyway.  Shooting with high ISOs though i get to use almost all the time....so the tradeoff was more than fair.

On the lenses, there are great lenses that arent that expensive.  The kit lens 28-70 is actually quite a stellar performer.  The 35 2.8 is great as well.  I love taking UWA shots when i go on travel and Sony's 16-35 can rival Canon's and Nikon's offering.  The problem right now though is the long telephoto range....there arent any yet.  If you really wanna penny pinch and you arent lazy to manual focus then guess what ... buy an old 50mm on ebay...some go for like 10 dollars.  Top notch optics for 10 dollars you cannot beat that.

This though becomes moot now that the a7r2 came out.  Near native af speed even using an adapter for canon and nikon glass means that the lens issue ceases to exist.  You have a collection of Canon/Nikon lenses that you dont want to let go? Then dont....and you tradeoff very very little now.  If that isnt a deal breaker then i dont know what is....Sony just made transitioning to their system exponentially easier due to that technology.  BUT! a7r2 is still not the end all and be all....it still isnt for sports but for the everyday shooter the a7 series seems a very strong contender.
Sony is targeting the Canon users primarily ( ang dami nila)  then the Nikon shooters... ;D ;D ;D .

Offline raffy_eos7D

• Robot
  • GAS Addict
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 12:22:15 AM »
Any of those camera is adequate for me but I won't pick any of those at this point of time. Maybe if I can find a juicy offer then I will get the Fuji X-t1 since I can easily sell it back. The lenses are great and light although the zooms are getting bigger like the DSLR. Sony A7, it is a good camera and take great images too. I can pair it with Sony Zeiss 35 1.4 or 55 1.8 and I will be so happy. The Zeiss lenses are not cheap. It is very hard to sell back the sony system in case you don't want it anymore.

After sales service of Fujifilm is very good in the Philippines. That is why I may go back to Fuji again in the future. However, the A7R II is tempting to me. I was waiting for the A7s II plus IBIS but this might not be the case. Sony will make it videocentric and will assume a bigger and different form.

Lastly, Olympus E-M1 2 maybe just around the corner and this might be another consideration. Some of us can afford to wait because we already have an existing system. I don't consider mirrorless as of now as my mainstay but a second option to play around. That might change in the future though. IMHO.
@raffy_eos7D gas his way around but these days he is so quite. Maybe he likes the Oly!!! ha ha ha ha...

;) :D As much as i like those lovely jpeg and fuji colors coming out from the x sensor. I tend to get alot of keepers on my omd set-up. The reason behind this is the blazing fast and accurate olympus AF system. I also love those cheap but great lenses from oly and panny such as 14mm 2.5 25mm 1.8 & 45mm 1.8. Last but not the least, The very effective In Body Image Stabilization gives me tack sharp photos even in slower shutter speed. Olympus gives me a run for my money and i'am quite satisfied with it. However, Sony's innovation is fast, features like the eye af tracking from the a7r mark ii,4k video, ibis,high fps,dynamic range,high frame rate, etc. I can say that sony is the most innovative at this moment, i can wait to see what the a6100/a7000 features will be. How i wish sony will offer cheap quality lenses in the future.  ::)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:29:27 AM by raffy_eos7D »
| OMD | M. Zuiko 45mm 1.8 | Lumix 14mm 2.5 | Gordy's Camera Strap l  B+W F-PRO l Manfrotto BeFree  |

Offline pitbull

• Impeous Man
  • Trade Count: (42)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 1124
  • Patron ng mga Kolehiyala
    • Ang blog ng mga pogi
  • Camera: X20
  • Field: Landscape
  • Nickname: Ninong
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 10:30:10 AM »
sinubukan ko kagabi yung 90mm at XT-1. hindi ako maka AF nang mabilis. nakaka AF naman siya, mabilis na para sa standard ng Fuji pero malayo pa din sa expectation ko for the price point. ::)

i can get a Sigma 85mm f/1.4 na sa price na yan :o :o :o
iniisip ko dahil manipis ang DOF. pero yung Sony kaya naman niya,e. Maganda ang Sony, yan ang future ng mirrorless kung alam lang nila ayusin yung styling at ergonomics ng cameras nila

Offline raffy_eos7D

• Robot
  • GAS Addict
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 07:51:29 PM »
Ok naman yung fuji for static subjects. Oh BTW almost same lang din Af ng sony sa fuji. In Good light mas mabilis yung sony by a slight margin, In low light both system slowed down. Olympus & panasonic Af is still faster is low light.  ;) Almost same lang price ng xt1 (around 50k) sa A7(around 60k) the choice is yours.  8)

Offline pitbull

• Impeous Man
  • Trade Count: (42)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 1124
  • Patron ng mga Kolehiyala
    • Ang blog ng mga pogi
  • Camera: X20
  • Field: Landscape
  • Nickname: Ninong
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 10:46:02 PM »
di ko alam kung sa lens lang pero yung Sony A7 ang galing mag AF kahit medyo madilim na sa tests ko :o :o :o

Offline raffy_eos7D

• Robot
  • GAS Addict
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 10:54:09 PM »
di ko alam kung sa lens lang pero yung Sony A7 ang galing mag AF kahit medyo madilim na sa tests ko :o :o :o

Good to hear that  ;D. Seems like sony is pushing the limit and keeps on improving.

Offline ccp900

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Circulan
  • Liked: 5
  • Field: Portraiture
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 04:07:18 PM »
Ok naman yung fuji for static subjects. Oh BTW almost same lang din Af ng sony sa fuji. In Good light mas mabilis yung sony by a slight margin, In low light both system slowed down. Olympus & panasonic Af is still faster is low light.  ;) Almost same lang price ng xt1 (around 50k) sa A7(around 60k) the choice is yours.  8)

raffy na try mo na a7s?..amazing lowlight AF!!
[Sony A7s | Sony Zeiss FE 16-35 Æ’/4 | Sony FE 28-70 | Voigtlander Nokton 40mm Æ’/1.4 | Canon 24-105m Æ’/4L | Canon 85m Æ’/1.8 | Sigma 30m Æ’/1.4 | Canon 10-22m Æ’/3.5-4.5 | Canon 100m Æ’/2.8 Macro USM | Canon 580 EX Ver 1.0]

Offline raffy_eos7D

• Robot
  • GAS Addict
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 08:27:47 PM »

I've heard na amazing yung A7s sa Low light high iso performance but i'm not sure about its capabilities when focusing in dim conditions.  ::)

Offline retina

• Global Moderator
  • Robot
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 08:43:09 PM »

I've heard na amazing yung A7s sa Low light high iso performance but i'm not sure about its capabilities when focusing in dim conditions.  ::)
Raf , di ba pareho lang ibig sabihin non? Refresh refresh!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline raffy_eos7D

• Robot
  • GAS Addict
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 08:53:28 PM »

Raf , di ba pareho lang ibig sabihin non? Refresh refresh!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

::) Pareho ba doc? diba great high iso  means less grainy photos while Focusing in low light naman means fast & accurate Autofocus in Dark conditions? Correct me if i'm wrong hehe  ;D ;D ;D

Offline retina

• Global Moderator
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 09:13:54 PM »
Yeah I am just twisting you akala ko antok ka...gising pala...besides you can't get a good hi-iso if you can't focus well. Unfortunately I have not seen the light of the a7s...sa youtube lang. The high iso is amazing so is the AF in the dark..di lang sya maka track very well even on broad daylight when the object of interest is moving fast.

In my list:
E-M1 II + 7-14 2.8

Sony A7r III (malapit na yan , taon taon o kaya every 6 months may bagong sony cam ha ha ha).

Offline raffy_eos7D

• Robot
  • GAS Addict
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 09:26:58 PM »
Yeah I am just twisting you akala ko antok ka...gising pala...besides you can't get a good hi-iso if you can't focus well. Unfortunately I have not seen the light of the a7s...sa youtube lang. The high iso is amazing so is the AF in the dark..di lang sya maka track very well even on broad daylight when the object of interest is moving fast.

In my list:
E-M1 II + 7-14 2.8

Sony A7r III (malapit na yan , taon taon o kaya every 6 months may bagong sony cam ha ha ha).

I really think the A7R mark ii is a complete camera. It is loaded with a lot of important features. Sony is really the system to watch in the future. Medyo mahal lang yung price nya pero for those who can afford it, i think its all worth it  :).

Tags: