!!

Hello Guest! Kumusta!

Thank you for visiting PiPho Forum!
It would be best if you will register so you can use the additional benefits of the community such as joining events, interacting with fellow members and view the hidden boards of the forum.

Mabuhay, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Classifieds Posts

Recent Forum Posts

Landscapes & Seascapes For All by likesups
[Yesterday at 08:42:20 PM]

Happy when It Rains by likesups
[October 14, 2019, 03:24:39 PM]

Life in New York by likesups
[October 12, 2019, 07:22:57 PM]

VRFPhotography by xcaliber14
[October 07, 2019, 09:53:08 AM]

FS: Nikon D850 dslr 45.7MP Camera body by fotoplace
[September 24, 2019, 07:11:49 PM]

Letting go of all or none at all. by wilybarrozo
[September 22, 2019, 09:41:27 PM]

Ibat-ibang kababaihan... by rarevision
[August 20, 2019, 05:42:45 PM]

Churches, Mosques, Synagogues etc - Places of Worship by rarevision
[August 07, 2019, 12:27:57 AM]

Mga Sikat... celebrity photos by rarevision
[August 07, 2019, 12:20:18 AM]

D7K+ Shoot - January 2013 by Miguelina
[August 02, 2019, 03:11:46 PM]

Author Topic: need some answers!  (Read 10487 times)

Offline iamRR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marie Biscuits
  • Liked: 1
  • Mabuhay!
  • Camera: Sony
  • Field: Landscape
  • Model: a3000
  • Nickname: RR
need some answers!
« on: March 12, 2015, 11:22:32 PM »
Hi everyone!

Im new in photography and right  now im starting to learn some basics and I have Sony a3000. While learning some questions come up. First question is about aperture, is it default in a camera to increase the aperture level while zooming in? Because as I observed while Im zooming in the lens the aperture level is increasing. Second is where I can buy accessories for my camera especially a lens.

Thank you!   :)

Pinoy Photography - Philippines Online Photography Community

need some answers!
« on: March 12, 2015, 11:22:32 PM »

Offline jvdejesus05

• Tocino + Rice
  • Liked: 51
  • Camera: Canon
  • Field: Portraiture
  • Model: 6D
  • Nickname: Jeff
Re: need some answers!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 01:59:15 AM »
I'm guessing that you're using your camera's 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 kit lens right? Most consumer friendly camera's like yours have a variable aperture value kit lens. Notice the numbers that are printed on the front element of your lens, you'll notice there's a value there written as "3.5-5.6," this is the maximum aperture value at wide open your lens can achieve. At 18mm your lens' value will have an aperture of 3.5, but by the time you reach 55mm your len's value will have an aperture of 5.6. Not all lens are like this though, like in canon's 24-70 f/2.8, it means that all throughout the focal length, it will have a constant aperture value of 2.8.

You can try going to hidalgo to look for accessories and lenses for your camera. Another place to look for is inside malls, most malls now have camera shops. I'd also look into Sony boutiques, usually they have things for your camera since it's a Sony.

Hope this helps you out.
Canon EOS 6D, Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8 USM, Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Elinchrom D-Lite RX4, Canon 430EX II Speedlite, YN468II Speedlite, YN622c Flash Trigger
http://www.flickr.com/photos/96800301@N05/     https://www.facebook.com/JEFF.DE.JESUS.PHOTOGRAPHY

Offline iamRR

• Marie Biscuits
  • Mabuhay!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 06:58:55 AM »
Thank you Sir jvdejesus05, your response lighten me up.  So it means the aperture level of my lens is already a default value the time that i increase the zooming level the aperture will increase. Now its clear to me now that the aperture level is based on the lens you have.  And sir what do you think about my camera is it good enough for beginners like me? Thanks a lot sir jv!  :)

Sir, where is hidalgo? Is it in manila?

Offline jigs10orio

• Org Member
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 200
  • www.jigstenorio.com
    • Jigs Tenorio dot com
  • Camera: Nikon, Huawei
  • Field: Architectural
  • Model: D750, D7200, P8
  • Nickname: Jigs
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 11:16:49 AM »
@iamRR  it is the MAXIMUM/MINIMUM or the WIDEST/SMALLEST aperture opening value that depends on the lens. Your kit lens and other zoom lenses have their widest aperture at variable opening as you zoom in and out (e.g. f/3.5 - f/5.6). There are others that have fixed apertures (e.g. f/2.8 or f/4). You can still, however, have fixed aperture even if you zoom in out (e.g. 5.6 or 8 or 11, etc). It is just the widest or the smallest that is variable. Try to explore your lens and camera and practice, see what the aperture does to your exposures, how it affects the shutter speed and ISO. Especially the effect on your Depth of Field. Have fun while you're at it! :)

Offline iamRR

• Marie Biscuits
  • Mabuhay!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 06:35:04 PM »
Thank you Sir jvdejesus05, your response lighten me up.  So it means the aperture level of my lens is already a default value the time that i increase the zooming level the aperture will increase. Now its clear to me now that the aperture level is based on the lens you have.  And sir what do you think about my camera is it good enough for beginners like me? Thanks a lot sir jv!  :)

Sir, where is hidalgo? Is it in manila?

Offline iamRR

• Marie Biscuits
  • Mabuhay!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 06:45:20 PM »
Thank you sir jigs!  :)

Maybe all I need to do is to explore first my camera before going to the next step in photography and try to play the basics. I know while exploring questiona will come up hoping for your response for my other questions. :)

Offline jvdejesus05

• Tocino + Rice
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 10:34:40 PM »
Yup, Hidalgo is in Manila, Quaipo to be specific. Before you explore the land of Hidalgo, try to learn first all that there is that you need to learn in photography like how to balance aperture, shutter speed and ISO to have a correct exposure, how to get correct composition etc.  Also, try to feel what kind of photography you'll likely be doing most of the time.  By learning all of these and mastering them, you'll then be able to know what are the things that you'll be needing when you shoot. Indulging in gears and accessories first before learning will cost a lot more than you intend in the end (trust me on this, hehehehe).
Canon EOS 6D, Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8 USM, Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Elinchrom D-Lite RX4, Canon 430EX II Speedlite, YN468II Speedlite, YN622c Flash Trigger
http://www.flickr.com/photos/96800301@N05/     https://www.facebook.com/JEFF.DE.JESUS.PHOTOGRAPHY

Offline iamRR

• Marie Biscuits
  • Mabuhay!
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 07:09:11 AM »
It's clear to me now that watching to many videos about photography makes me frustrated to have those accessories hehehe. Right now i've decided to stick for a while into my lens and master the fundamentals.
Thanks a  lot sir, maybe I will be in hidalgo if i figure out what really is my forte. :)

Offline jvdejesus05

• Tocino + Rice
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 02:01:39 PM »
Yup that's true, when you watch videos about photography, you have this instinct to buy the same gear immediately. Remember though that the reason you're watching the video is to learn and not to get envy of the gears in the video. So take your time and good luck. Keep shooting everyday to practice all the fundamentals in photography. Bring your camera with you everywhere.

Offline Jun_P

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Tocino + Rice
  • Liked: 25
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/junpacaba
  • Model: EOS 40D, 450D
  • Nickname: Jun
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 12:56:21 PM »
Stick with what you have first. Then, when you do realize what field you want to specialize in, start investing. A prime lens (50mm, f 1.8 ) is a good start.  ;)

Offline jigs10orio

• Org Member
  • Robot
  • www.jigstenorio.com
    • Jigs Tenorio dot com
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 01:46:11 PM »
But if you are to buy accessories, first good buy would be a tripod. Invest in a good, lightweight but sturdy one. I use my Benro travel angel mostly for landscapes but I also use it during portrait sessions or food shoots. Also useful for selfies! :)

Offline iamRR

• Marie Biscuits
  • Mabuhay!
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 06:12:48 AM »
I realieze rigth now that as amateur i need to make out of what i have and i learn that dont limit my by having a kit lens instead shoot and experiment using my lens. As i practice and knowing the field i want i realize how badly i need a tripod thats why i need to invest on that first. :)

Offline iamRR

• Marie Biscuits
  • Mabuhay!
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 06:23:36 AM »
I explore my camera and there is something confuses me, it is the Flash Mode. there are three options the rear sync., slow sync., and fill. I dont know the difference of that three because ive tried to shoot using those options and i got the same results thats why im wondering what is their difference and how to use each of that flash.
Im hoping to get a reaponse from you. :)

Offline ninjapeps

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 29
  • HGT
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 08:24:55 AM »
Rear sync - flash will fire right before the shutter closes. won't really be noticeable until you use slower shutter speeds.

Slow sync - camera will shoot with a slower shutter speed in order to capture more ambient light. useful if you want your background to still be visible.

Fill - flash will be just strong enough to get rid of unwanted shadows in your subject. for a pop-up flash, that's normally if your subject is backlit.

Offline iamRR

• Marie Biscuits
  • Mabuhay!
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 06:55:16 PM »
Thanks for the answer.  Sounds advance for me but i think it gives me idea on how to use those modes in different types of shot.
Thanks a lot. :)

Offline iamRR

• Marie Biscuits
  • Mabuhay!
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 10:58:44 PM »
After having a tripod which is one of the basic equipment that an amateur needed, what should be the next basic equipment i need to have?

Offline bryanvcpalacio

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 119
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 01:53:41 PM »
After having a tripod which is one of the basic equipment that an amateur needed, what should be the next basic equipment i need to have?

it really depends on what do you want to shoot. filters if you're into landscape, speedlight if you're into portraits, extension tubes if you're into macro, etc...

Offline vproject

• Zeonic Crab
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 17
  • What the heck is a jigawatt?!
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 03:28:34 PM »
@TS Also try reading thru the camera's manual also. Many of the terms and functions should be easily explained by the manual itself.
My Flickr page! :D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vproject/
Remember, people, commas are your friends. Love them, embrace them, cherish them, and for crying out loud, USE them.

Offline iamRR

• Marie Biscuits
  • Mabuhay!
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 08:59:47 PM »
Can I have some suggestios where I can practice my photography skills. Because im living here in Cavite Philippines and theres no place or somthing that can be my subject because as an amateur and having a kit lens also it is really hard to find a subject or something to shoot thats why looking for a place where i can start practicing.

Offline jigs10orio

• Org Member
  • Robot
  • www.jigstenorio.com
    • Jigs Tenorio dot com
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 10:06:26 AM »
being a newbie with a kitlens should not allow you to have limited subjects. anything interesting can be a photographic subject. you can actually start practicing at home or within your backyard!

try to shoot flowers, insects, cats and dogs, kids playing in your neighborhood, etc.. you may also try your local wet & dry market.. or, since you're in cavite, try to go to local fish ports early in the morning or travel to nearby pasyalan places such tagaytay (sky ranch, picnic grove, etc). if you like landscapes, you can try the marine base or other beaches near ternate or maragondon, cavite. you can also actually shoot the nearby churches and plazas.

now, if you like to practice shooting portraits and models, yan yung tingin ko na medyo kelangan mo nga mag effort. either you find friends and join private shoots, or organize fun shoots yourself. hanap kang pinsan or friend na willing mag model. or, kung willing ka gumastos, join ka mga openshoots (but im sure you wont learn that much sa openshoot, unless merong workshop/seminar before the shoot).

in short, madaming pwedeng i-shoot. it depends on what you want to do. :)