!!

Hello Guest! Kumusta!

Thank you for visiting PiPho Forum!
It would be best if you will register so you can use the additional benefits of the community such as joining events, interacting with fellow members and view the hidden boards of the forum.

Mabuhay, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Classifieds Posts

Recent Forum Posts

adidas campus by likesups
[October 22, 2019, 07:17:39 PM]

adidas adilette by Jesse Temple
[October 22, 2019, 11:08:48 AM]

adidas ultra boost by Jesse Temple
[October 22, 2019, 11:03:16 AM]

Please recommend canon camera semi pro by likesups
[October 19, 2019, 07:23:48 PM]

Landscapes & Seascapes For All by likesups
[October 16, 2019, 08:42:20 PM]

Happy when It Rains by likesups
[October 14, 2019, 03:24:39 PM]

Life in New York by likesups
[October 12, 2019, 07:22:57 PM]

VRFPhotography by xcaliber14
[October 07, 2019, 09:53:08 AM]

FS: Nikon D850 dslr 45.7MP Camera body by fotoplace
[September 24, 2019, 07:11:49 PM]

Letting go of all or none at all. by wilybarrozo
[September 22, 2019, 09:41:27 PM]

Author Topic: The Essence of "Pure Photography": Nikon Df  (Read 25151 times)

Offline retina

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 1046
  • Camera: Fujifilm
  • Field: Travel
  • Model: Nikon D750
  • Nickname: Doc A
Re: The Essence of "Pure Photography": Nikon Df
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2013, 09:38:03 AM »

Fuji has just won another customer :o :o :o

next camera purchase is another Fuji.

Agree :p
Akala ko babalik ka na sa Nikon  ;D  ;) Personally the Fuji models that I've tested have the controls placed on the right places.The shortcuts are clever and excellent. The Df has all the controls wired for the users to reach without diving into the menu. I am not sure how easy to use it but I think it just need some practice to be able to take advantage of it.

I wish Nikon provided focus peaking on this cam.The focus peaking in the x100s while not as good as the one in Sony Nex's, it is very effective. Had Nikon put focus peaking on the Df, I might really consider this. This might be a small thing but focus peaking is one of my criteria in buying cam these days.The newer panasonic mFT has one. In the future maybe focus peaking and IBIS will be a standard feature that the customers will be looking into.
Personally, the last few years disappointing ang decisions ng Nikon
Para silang anti-Fuji, hindi nakikinig sa customers

Kulang ng lenses ang DX, naglabas nga puro naman macro lens (40&85) Asan na yung wideangle primes? Kahit 16mm f2.8 man lang sana
Naglabas ng mirrorless system, pam P&S na sensor naman ginamit. Eh di kung maliit na sensor na mirrorless ang gusto nila gawin, eh di sumali na lang sana sa m4/3
Quality control issues (D4&D800 green screen, D800 outofocusing, D600 sensor spit & SB900 self-destruct mode)
Wala pa reng pamalit sa D300s pero binebenta pa ren, di na sila nahiya sa 7D na binigyan ng v2 firmware na nga e
D3s to D4 incremental upgrade, ayan tuloy raming D4 owners nagshift sa 1Dx (Scott Kelby, Matt Granger, etc)
Yung D3x for sale pa ren, 7000$ pa ren? Anu ba? Nung lumabas raming reklamo sa presyo, ngayung matanda na 1k off lang? Sana diniscontinue na lang
Naglabas ng Fixed lens large sensor compact, tinapatan naman yung X100 sa presyo eh mukha namang mumurahin P&S bakit ang mahal?
Oh wow may Noctilux successor, kaso 1.4 lang tapos 1700$
The Nikon DaFuch,
Uy mabenta yung retro na Fuji tsaka Olympus gayahen naten!
Pagamiten naten sila ng lumang lens pero wag natin payagan lagyan ng split prism na focusing screen o kahit anung MF aid man lang para makatulong dun sa gagamit nung mga sinaunang lens. Pure photography e, pahirapan naten sila mag focus
Gawin nateng 1/200 yung flash sync speed pero 1/250 langang option sa command dial, hindi naman binanggit ni Joe McNally sa video e
Wag ren naten lagyan ng A for Auto sa ISO or sa Shutter. Pure photography e, pahirapan naten sila mag timpla ng exposure
Time is changing...Fuji made their costumers the beta testers. However, they listen and continue to improve their quirky cameras in span of time. The philosophy of working with the customers seems to work very well with Fuji. The x100 has 2 recent FW upgrade. The FW 2.01 was just released yesterday. They have direct connection with the X forum.The Fuji are not the best AFing camera around and I think it is below the bunch but users are growing in number. In the Philippines they have their presence already but Nikon is so slow and could be seen nowhere.
Nikon Df will split the Nikon fan base IMHO.They can't please everybody but they are good in dispersing everyone. The Df is a very good camera, I swear, I will grab this one in a heart beat. However, it is an irony. I can't focus it very well without an aid. I am an aging photographer and this is supposed to be catered to me. The younger generation won't appreciate it. My daughter said my x100s looks so old and ugly. Cheers

Tama nga si Chris sa The Camera Store. It's just another DSLR na sinalpakan ng maraming retro dials sa top plate. In fact, parang D600 lang siya na nilagyan ng D4 sensor at retro top. The same bulk pa rin. Nice sensor though. Looking forward to Fuji's FF someday. Current X cameras nila are quite good na actually and a pleasure to use.
Another X users from Nikon camp ha ha ha....like me. Pero I  have not disposed all my Nikon yet. I am planning to collect it na lang but won't be buying more of Nikon. Cheers and peace to you.

Pinoy Photography - Philippines Online Photography Community

« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2013, 09:38:03 AM »

Offline gqtuazon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 219
  • Camera: Nikon
  • Field: Landscape
  • Model: D8HE
  • Nickname: Glenn
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2013, 11:13:48 AM »
Pagamiten naten sila ng lumang lens pero wag natin payagan lagyan ng split prism na focusing screen o kahit anung MF aid man lang para makatulong dun sa gagamit nung mga sinaunang lens. Pure photography e, pahirapan naten sila mag focus
Gawin nateng 1/200 yung flash sync speed pero 1/250 langang option sa command dial, hindi naman binanggit ni Joe McNally sa video e
Wag ren naten lagyan ng A for Auto sa ISO or sa Shutter. Pure photography e, pahirapan naten sila mag timpla ng exposure

You can voice out your opinion with Nikon by taking the survey. Telling us your preference will not help.

I've submitted my feedback already.

https://webc.nikonimaging.com/form/pub/info/df_en

Offline junaquino

• Robot
  • Liked: 181
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2013, 11:17:56 AM »
I am looking forward sa lowlight performance ng DF. Mukhang ito ang magiging spec magnet nito.

Offline gqtuazon

• Robot
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2013, 11:21:03 AM »
Nikon Df will split the Nikon fan base IMHO.They can't please everybody but they are good in dispersing everyone. The Df is a very good camera, I swear, I will grab this one in a heart beat. However, it is an irony. I can't focus it very well without an aid. I am an aging photographer and this is supposed to be catered to me. The younger generation won't appreciate it. My daughter said my x100s looks so old and ugly. Cheers

So true. This camera is definitely NOT for everybody but to give Nikon a credit, they are introducing something that may appeal to certain photographers instead of nothing.

Si Bjørn Rørslett mentioned that using MF is much better than D800 according to his remarks from Nikongear.com.

We should give it some time for field users to tells us their opinion about its performance.

Offline yourdone

• Sofa King Amazing
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 71
  • Do Better. Get Better. Be Better.
  • Camera: Canon & Fuji
  • Model: 11D MkIII, UVIR X-A1
  • Nickname: Dan
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2013, 11:38:19 AM »

You can voice out your opinion with Nikon by taking the survey. Telling us your preference will not help.

I took the survey last night, "Intent was admirable but execution was lacking" was what I answered in the last item"

I'm just sharing my thoughts on the Df on this forum, my "preferences" would be dependent on the specificity on the inquiry :)

Offline retina

• Global Moderator
  • Robot
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2013, 11:50:16 AM »

I took the survey last night, "Intent was admirable but execution was lacking" was what I answered in the last item"

I'm just sharing my thoughts on the Df on this forum, my "preferences" would be dependent on the specificity on the inquiry :)
I did not take the survey yet.My friend preordered one and I will borrow it if it will arrive in due time before his vacation in the Bohol for charity work. No need to rush on this. For the a time being I will just jump from one forum to another. I will have my chances to fiddle the different releases from my rich friends and patients.Surely, this is a very enjoyable time of the year. Window shopping is really fun for photographers these days. Cheers.

Offline pitbull

• Impeous Man
  • Trade Count: (42)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 1124
  • Patron ng mga Kolehiyala
    • Ang blog ng mga pogi
  • Camera: X20
  • Nickname: Ninong
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2013, 12:05:00 PM »
nag survey ako, sabi ko sa presyo niyan, kukuha na lang ako ng D4 :o :o :o

Offline Oggy

• Tocino + Rice
  • Liked: 57
  • Camera: Canon
  • Model: 7D
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2013, 02:13:44 PM »
tsk tsk it looks like a "frankenstein" of a Nikon F  ???

Offline David Hilos

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Circulan
  • Liked: 201
  • Field: Still Life
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2013, 05:40:17 PM »
may "T*&i" yun mount niya na pwede mong hatakin pababa. check niyo sa site :o :o :o

Mukhang walang lawit bossing. Based dito sa lens compatibility, kailangang iset mano mano sa camera ang aperture setting ng lens.
http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/df/compatibility02.htm
Kapag mahal ang camera, siempre mahal ang parepair

Offline DennisP

• Robot
  • Liked: 45
  • "Say hello to my little friend."
    • Dennis' Perspective
  • Field: Architectural
  • Nickname: Dennis
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2013, 06:57:25 PM »
Small | Large

http://www.thepcaa.org/
DP Design Studio
Architecture and Interior Design

Offline henry10reyes

• Ovalteenees
  • Liked: 10
  • Mabuhay!
  • Model: D5100
  • Nickname: Henry
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2013, 08:23:05 PM »
Not a fan of the look. I've never shot a camera with dials and all - it might be interesting but I think I would probably buy a D800 if given the choice.

Offline enshong

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Circulan
  • Liked: 72
  • Camera: Nokia
  • Field: Portraiture
  • Model: Nokia 200
  • Nickname: Rucksack
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2013, 08:41:56 PM »
If you want a digital retro camera with dials and all done right, look at the Fuji X-Pro and X-E. Probably the only thing missing is an ISO dial which could have been nice if they programmed to the rear command dial.
Retina MacBook Pro x Nikon

Offline chaloy

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Circulan
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2013, 09:38:44 PM »
If you want a digital retro camera with dials and all done right, look at the Fuji X-Pro and X-E. Probably the only thing missing is an ISO dial which could have been nice if they programmed to the rear command dial.

Are the Df controls wrong? I thought they were based on their film cameras.

Offline retina

• Global Moderator
  • Robot
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2013, 10:32:01 PM »

Are the Df controls wrong? I thought they were based on their film cameras.
I think there is nothing wrong with it. Blame Fuji they showed the way on how to put those dials in the right places.Well, even with Fuji i can always find some fault. The controls in the Df maybe just need some learning curve but we will never know until we will try it.If I have my way, I like the compensation dial on the right side...just saying but that's how I like it in my x100s.

Offline pitbull

• Impeous Man
  • Robot
    • Ang blog ng mga pogi
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2013, 12:15:42 AM »

no...

Eto ang tunay na beef :o :o :o

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:17:32 AM by pitbull »

Offline chaloy

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Circulan
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2013, 12:40:01 AM »

no...

Eto ang tunay na beef :o :o :o

Para saan yang lever sa shutter speed dial? Sorry, di ako nakagamit ng film slr.

Offline gqtuazon

• Robot
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2013, 12:49:01 AM »
nag survey ako, sabi ko sa presyo niyan, kukuha na lang ako ng D4 :o :o :o

Ang comment ko parang ganyan din pero bawasan ng $400 to $500 para maging more attractive.

Offline pitbull

• Impeous Man
  • Robot
    • Ang blog ng mga pogi
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2013, 01:40:18 AM »
Self timer ata kung di ako nagkakamali. Basta pag ginalaw mo yan may red dot yan. Actually kahit buhayin nila yun EM noon, ok na,e. Kahit dx pa. Pero sa totoo lang mas madali kumuha ng puti puti poo pag mirrorless at leaf shutter :o  :o :o

Offline gqtuazon

• Robot
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2013, 06:25:39 AM »

Offline bryanvcpalacio

• Robot
  • Liked: 119
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2013, 10:04:34 AM »
IMHO, ok naman sya overall as new release by Nikon. sabi nga ng mga reviews, its not for those who just wants to have an FF camera like the D600/D610 audience where Nikon built an affordable model for hobbyist. this camera targets a different market. those "older" photographers who wants to rekindle those film days with a familiar feeling gear but in digital format. yun nga lang, i wish they could priced it much lower, sub 2500usd would be good.

Tags: