!!

Hello Guest! Kumusta!

Thank you for visiting PiPho Forum!
It would be best if you will register so you can use the additional benefits of the community such as joining events, interacting with fellow members and view the hidden boards of the forum.

Mabuhay, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Classifieds Posts

Recent Forum Posts

adidas campus by likesups
[Yesterday at 07:17:39 PM]

adidas adilette by Jesse Temple
[Yesterday at 11:08:48 AM]

adidas ultra boost by Jesse Temple
[Yesterday at 11:03:16 AM]

Please recommend canon camera semi pro by likesups
[October 19, 2019, 07:23:48 PM]

Landscapes & Seascapes For All by likesups
[October 16, 2019, 08:42:20 PM]

Happy when It Rains by likesups
[October 14, 2019, 03:24:39 PM]

Life in New York by likesups
[October 12, 2019, 07:22:57 PM]

VRFPhotography by xcaliber14
[October 07, 2019, 09:53:08 AM]

FS: Nikon D850 dslr 45.7MP Camera body by fotoplace
[September 24, 2019, 07:11:49 PM]

Letting go of all or none at all. by wilybarrozo
[September 22, 2019, 09:41:27 PM]

Author Topic: how much dust do you tolerate on your sensor?  (Read 34312 times)

Offline excelcion

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tocino + Rice
  • Liked: 0
Re: how much dust do you tolerate on your sensor?
« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2007, 10:12:20 PM »
if you can see the dust through your view finder (just peek up in the clear sky at the smallest opening) and you see it in your photos...then the dust is in your glass, or shutter mirror, or view finder.  if you see the specks in your photos and not through the lens...it on your sensor.

HI i will try to check later when I get back  to the apartment... One question  how did the dust get to the sensor? I did not exchange lens that day... I only have one lens :)

Did it pass through the other opening s of the camera?

Pinoy Photography - Philippines Online Photography Community

« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2007, 10:12:20 PM »

Offline creationz

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 2
    • few pix in my multiply
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2007, 10:56:07 PM »
could it be that it was there before and you have just discovered it that day? checkfirst if its in the sensor or through the viewfinder (lens)  ;)
Think out of the box.

Offline excelcion

• Tocino + Rice
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2007, 02:51:06 AM »
just checked it and cleaned my lens... wala na cya hehe marami pong salamat!!!

Offline jed

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Tocino + Rice
    • light at the edge
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2007, 12:24:02 PM »
OK lang bang maging OC sa sensor dust?

I have about 30+ spots @ f22/32 na hindi matanggal sa blower/ICS. although merong 1spot barely visible at f13(i normally shoot a f8-11 landscape) and I want to do still life @ f22 :(

My problem is if kung ako mismo ang magclean, meron na bang photosol e2 solution sa quiapo? (since eto yung recommended sa 400d instead of eclipse).

OR If sa canon ko paclean, pwede ko kayang i check on the spot through laptop after cleaning? o baka naman ma-asar lang sakin yung technician for being such an OC?(assuming hindi 100% clean yung service)

OR OR...

Ignore the whole thing and just shoot my heart out?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 12:25:42 PM by jed »
jedsantoz.multiply.com

Offline beethoven

• ano ba talaga ang
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Circulan
  • tadadadaaann...
    • My Flickr
« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2007, 04:08:17 PM »
OK lang bang maging OC sa sensor dust?

I have about 30+ spots @ f22/32 na hindi matanggal sa blower/ICS. although merong 1spot barely visible at f13(i normally shoot a f8-11 landscape) and I want to do still life @ f22 :(

My problem is if kung ako mismo ang magclean, meron na bang photosol e2 solution sa quiapo? (since eto yung recommended sa 400d instead of eclipse).

OR If sa canon ko paclean, pwede ko kayang i check on the spot through laptop after cleaning? o baka naman ma-asar lang sakin yung technician for being such an OC?(assuming hindi 100% clean yung service)

OR OR...

Ignore the whole thing and just shoot my heart out?

kung ako yan, ipapalinis ko na sa Canon ;D  especially you mentioned you're going to use f/22.  malilinis naman sa photo-editor, but it's still annoying.  ok lang dala mo yung laptop to test for dusts - that's recommended pa nga para makita kaagad.  nung time na nagpalinis ako sa Canon (my camera was brand new and just 1 week old!! and i'm sure hindi ako nakadumi nun), blower lang ginamit nila e.  after a third time na blinower nung tech, tinanggap ko na nga lang na meron pa rin dumi at kitang-kita pa rin sa f/16 hehehe...

a second look at photography ;-)

Offline jed

• Tocino + Rice
    • light at the edge
« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2007, 04:37:13 PM »
naku kung ganun lang (blower method only) might as well tolerate dust and shoot with bigger apertures. I tried blowing it with giottos already.

I'm willing to clean it my self naman(with pec pads), yun nga lang the eclipse solution is not recommended for my model.
jedsantoz.multiply.com

Offline danielg

• Tsambero
  • Robot
  • Liked: 276
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2007, 04:58:47 PM »
Ako sobrang ayaw sa dust but is learning to live with it. I realized that no matter how careful you are lalabas at lalabas talaga yan. unless You use a sealed body with a sealed lens and then wala nang palitan ng lens. I clean my own cam and if di kaya I seek the services of Wildswan :) ( Rolly plugging kita ha ) Oks na oks service nya. 1-2 specks are ok aslong as I dont see it in my regular shots. However there were several spots that just refused to go away. I had Canon service it and was told that it's dust under the lowpass filter. How it got there, I had no idea so sabi nila malamang manufacturing error, now my cam is with them and they will remove the lowpass filter and try to clean it if ayaw parin then they will replace the low pass filter. All these will be done free of charge since my cam is just 1 month old  the down side is it might take 1-4 weeks :(
To God be the glory!

Offline jed

• Tocino + Rice
    • light at the edge
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2007, 05:42:07 PM »
Hmm I see, I see

so nung sinabi ng canon na its under the low pass filter I assume na they tried to clean it with more than just the blower method and came to conclusion na nasa loob nga?(no suprise there since it came from wildswan already right?)
jedsantoz.multiply.com

Offline tynn

• Premium Seller+
  • Trade Count: (240)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 242
    • for your mac needs
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2007, 07:39:03 PM »
nagpa linis ako ng sensor sa canon kahapon... ayun... ayos naman, pagkuha ko nag testing ako sa sky kanina.... at f22 may dust pa din ??? buhay nga naman... ang layo ko naman para ibalik pa uli sa kanila... nag try ako na i blower nalang... buti nakuha... ;)
kailangan talaga magkaruon na uli ng sensor cleaning eb... at ng matuto na... hehe
click here for your mac needs
http://www.pinoyphotography.org/forum/index.php?board=123.0
my contact # 09178108966 / 09228108966 / 2152542

Offline danielg

• Tsambero
  • Robot
« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2007, 01:42:30 PM »
I've been told Canon will replace my Lowpass filter daw but will take 2-3 weeks for the parts to arrive so in the meantime I'm gonna keep using my 30d and just stay away from small aperture sitations :)
To God be the glory!

Offline danielg

• Tsambero
  • Robot
« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2007, 06:45:55 PM »
Frustation , depression, anxiety? That is how I feel as my 30D is temporarily back with me as I await Canon Philippines to ship a new sensor assembly to replace the sensor of my 30D. My 30D's low pass filter has dust underneath it and Canon Philippine's attempt to clean it made it worse. It is ok as long as i shoot with a bigger aperture but once I hit f/11 and above my sensor looks like it has been dipped in sand. Oh well, as long as Canon will replace my sensor for free I will patiently wait for it.  2- 3 weeks pa daw bago dumating yun parts. Ang malas ko talaga sa dslr :((
To God be the glory!

Offline tynn

• Premium Seller+
  • Trade Count: (240)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 242
    • for your mac needs
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2007, 09:50:04 PM »
well atleast swerte mo na may local warranty ang kinuha mo... hehe wag ka muna mag shoot ng landscape... hehe :D
click here for your mac needs
http://www.pinoyphotography.org/forum/index.php?board=123.0
my contact # 09178108966 / 09228108966 / 2152542

Offline danielg

• Tsambero
  • Robot
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2007, 09:57:46 PM »
Tynn, kakainis talaga :( Planning to save up for a 2nd hand 350D or 20D as a spare body
To God be the glory!

Offline localhost

• Circulan
  • No worries, mate!
    • Larry Anda | PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2007, 04:37:54 PM »
I've got some experince as well noong dinala ko sa Canon Service Centre yung camera ko.. it's just 3 weeks old pa lang and then I noticed a hairline mark doon sa viewfinder ko (sa may upper right side) di ko alam kung sa pagpapalit ko ng lens but since I'm freaking out with it considering it wasn't supposed to be there in the first place. I go ahead and bring it to the centre. The receptionist told me that the tecnician tried to blow it out but it is inside the focusing thingy so they can't take it off... after checking it myself nakita ko na mas tumabi na siya sa mas gilid and not straight anymore so hindi na masyado annoying... when I got home and start playing with the camera again.. I noticed two dust specks in teh viewfinder....

what a bummer... I know it wasn't me but the centre when they tried to blow it out. I'm not sure kung baka pati sensor eh may nag-introduced na dust na rin... I will try to check it sa smaller aperture tomorrow during my day off... The centre told me they can dismantle the mirror and viewfinder to removed the hairline but will take them up to three weeks... (don't know why, maybe there's plenty of job to do) but hell no... I just bought the camera and idi-dismantle kaagad nila... I said no for now... maybe if I see dust accumulating na eh saka na lang ko ipapa-service.

Lesson learnt... I better not worry too much about dust co'z it will affect my way of taking photos kasi nawawala concentration ko... I'll focus on taking good photos instead. Ang mahirap lang I don't photoshopped so kelangan minimal din dapat ang dust sa images ko...
1 APS-C body, 4 lenses, 4 flashes and lots of accessories with 0 skills to go with it.

Offline shuttercat

• Mr. B.I. en U. xxxxxxxx
  • PiPho Org Officer
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 90
  • amo, amas, amat
    • Images
  • Camera: Canon
  • Field: Landscape
  • Model: S-95
  • Nickname: Bien
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2007, 09:13:27 PM »
I can live with a few (read less than 10) small dust bunnies. Usually I just make a few passes with a DIY sensor brush and that removes the few specks.

Last saturday I was dismayed to see my 30D sensor like this:

I bit the bullet and took out the sensor swabs, and eclipse solution...and almost an hour later, it looked like this:

Happiness.

2x eyes, 1 pr. prescription glasses, fertiLe imagination. hand,hand,fingers,thumb

Tags: