!!

Hello Guest! Kumusta!

Thank you for visiting PiPho Forum!
It would be best if you will register so you can use the additional benefits of the community such as joining events, interacting with fellow members and view the hidden boards of the forum.

Mabuhay, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Classifieds Posts

Recent Forum Posts

Life in New York by likesups
[October 12, 2019, 07:22:57 PM]

VRFPhotography by xcaliber14
[October 07, 2019, 09:53:08 AM]

FS: Nikon D850 dslr 45.7MP Camera body by fotoplace
[September 24, 2019, 07:11:49 PM]

Letting go of all or none at all. by wilybarrozo
[September 22, 2019, 09:41:27 PM]

Happy when It Rains by rarevision
[August 26, 2019, 11:48:13 AM]

Ibat-ibang kababaihan... by rarevision
[August 20, 2019, 05:42:45 PM]

Landscapes & Seascapes For All by mcCoy!
[August 07, 2019, 11:15:58 AM]

Churches, Mosques, Synagogues etc - Places of Worship by rarevision
[August 07, 2019, 12:27:57 AM]

Mga Sikat... celebrity photos by rarevision
[August 07, 2019, 12:20:18 AM]

D7K+ Shoot - January 2013 by Miguelina
[August 02, 2019, 03:11:46 PM]

Author Topic: the sony cybershot h-series corner (well, anyone who owns a sony can also join!)  (Read 82723 times)

Offline wikitoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ovalteenees
  • Liked: 0
guys, meron bang raynox dyan sa hidalgo? check his pbase account, he's the one who introduced me in Pipho http://www.pbase.com/csmallari/raynox2020pro

here's my flickr account www.flickr.com/photos/wikitoy , still practicing how to take good shots....

Pinoy Photography - Philippines Online Photography Community

Offline gesguerra

• Tocino + Rice
  • Liked: 15
  • Life is short. Live!
guys, meron bang raynox dyan sa hidalgo? check his pbase account, he's the one who introduced me in Pipho http://www.pbase.com/csmallari/raynox2020pro

here's my flickr account www.flickr.com/photos/wikitoy , still practicing how to take good shots....

cebuano ka bai? i checked the raynox pics... napansin ko lang, yung shot ng temple na naka full zoom using the raynox, medyo grainy na...

anyway, also checked your pics, nice shots! especially the ones taken in cebu... hindi ako cebuano, but i've been there...

im not sure kung may raynox sa hidalgo, if you're really decided with it, it's still best to bring your camera and scout all over hidalgo for some lens, kasi mas maganda parin yung matest mo sya bago mo bilhin... some lens can perform but will only disappoint you in terms of picture quality...

Offline til

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Tocino + Rice
  • Liked: 1
    • My Flickr
hi fellow H1 users.

very satisfied with the performance of this cam.  have taken over 6k shots with this and never had any problems.  picture quality is quite good too. 

quick tips based on my limited experience:

use f4.0, 5.6 and 6.3 for best results.  f8 doesn't work well specially on long shutter settings. 

the flash is very powerful that using an improvised diffuser on shots within 5ft may be necessary.

nice day to you all

Offline wikitoy

• Ovalteenees
cebuano ka bai? i checked the raynox pics... napansin ko lang, yung shot ng temple na naka full zoom using the raynox, medyo grainy na...

anyway, also checked your pics, nice shots! especially the ones taken in cebu... hindi ako cebuano, but i've been there...

im not sure kung may raynox sa hidalgo, if you're really decided with it, it's still best to bring your camera and scout all over hidalgo for some lens, kasi mas maganda parin yung matest mo sya bago mo bilhin... some lens can perform but will only disappoint you in terms of picture quality...

yes bai cebuano ko, bisaya sad ka no? yes medyo grainy na ang shots sa raynox pero may shots din siya na mga birds using raynox and its good naman, siguro kailangan sunny weather talaga when shooting para acceptable ang results. Basta ako I'm still drooling for the sony wide and tele lens hehehehe...

Offline wikitoy

• Ovalteenees

hindi ako cebuano, but i've been there...

ngek nasabi mo na pala na di ka cebuano hehehehe....

Offline gesguerra

• Tocino + Rice
  • Life is short. Live!
hi fellow H1 users.

very satisfied with the performance of this cam.  have taken over 6k shots with this and never had any problems.  picture quality is quite good too. 

quick tips based on my limited experience:

use f4.0, 5.6 and 6.3 for best results.  f8 doesn't work well specially on long shutter settings. 

the flash is very powerful that using an improvised diffuser on shots within 5ft may be necessary.

nice day to you all

thanks for joining in bro... its nice we h-series users have something like this going on... you can also post your pics or flickr sets here, we can always learn a thing or two from one another... 8)

yes bai cebuano ko, bisaya sad ka no? yes medyo grainy na ang shots sa raynox pero may shots din siya na mga birds using raynox and its good naman, siguro kailangan sunny weather talaga when shooting para acceptable ang results. Basta ako I'm still drooling for the sony wide and tele lens hehehehe...

yeah, same here i've been wanting to have those sony tele and wide lens, sony close-up filter pwede rin... medyo mahal nga lang! hehe

Offline til

• Tocino + Rice
    • My Flickr
personally drooling for the wide lens adapter.  the h1's zoom seem adequate enough for me since i don't intend to take too many moon shots. 

also been researching for a good flash slave.  however, most flash slave would only work if the in-cam flash fires.  :-\  defeats the purpose of bouncing the flash.  best suited if you need extra flash power lang.

here's my flickr site...not a pro by any means...http://www.flickr.com/photos/digitilphoto/

Offline gesguerra

• Tocino + Rice
  • Life is short. Live!
personally drooling for the wide lens adapter.  the h1's zoom seem adequate enough for me since i don't intend to take too many moon shots. 

also been researching for a good flash slave.  however, most flash slave would only work if the in-cam flash fires.  :-\  defeats the purpose of bouncing the flash.  best suited if you need extra flash power lang.

here's my flickr site...not a pro by any means...http://www.flickr.com/photos/digitilphoto/

nice shots bro... do you do post-processing with your pics, or are they directly from your cam? i like the colors/texture... there's something that gives the pictures more of a kick...

hope you can share your secrets.. hehe

Offline til

• Tocino + Rice
    • My Flickr
i do post process some of my shots. 

secrets?  no secrets bro. all the things i know about post processing i learned it from this site.  but most of the time i just use levels, curves and some selective blurring and sharpening if necessary.  some are "trying hard" copies of PARCs and Borj's post processing suited to my preference.  sometimes kasi i tend to over do the pp.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 03:08:02 PM by til »

Offline airevolt

• feature per peck
  • Tocino + Rice
  • ...Don't move or I'll shoot
    • My Features
hi guys! any of u been to moa for the last day of the pyrolympics, i attempted to come but came back frustrated because of the horrible traffic! We went out from greenhills only to arrive not even in moa but just in toyota manila bay to see the last set! how sad, BTW good thing that there are some other h-series members here! hope we could share more tips and tricks here. Thank yOU!
Say Cheese at pa-Kiss!

www.shimshon.multiply.com

Offline gesguerra

• Tocino + Rice
  • Life is short. Live!
til: i do post-process my pics too, however my monitor doesnt show me optimal colors so most of the time i get not so vivid pics... anyway, thanks for the tip bro... i like the selctive blurring and sharpening, might try that too...

Offline gesguerra

• Tocino + Rice
  • Life is short. Live!
just sharing a pic i took this morning... not very sharp though, but i got very fond of this one because the bee was so cooperative, hovering around a flower with very little movement...

Offline airevolt

• feature per peck
  • Tocino + Rice
    • My Features
NICE capture BRO! WHERE DID YOU SHOOT THAT ARE YOU IN MANILA? , btw did you manage to go to moa?
Say Cheese at pa-Kiss!

Offline til

• Tocino + Rice
    • My Flickr
i agree.  nice timing!  what was your cam setting on this shot? 

btw, another great help for us is to turn on the histogram.  you can manipulate the curve in manual mode.

Offline gesguerra

• Tocino + Rice
  • Life is short. Live!
NICE capture BRO! WHERE DID YOU SHOOT THAT ARE YOU IN MANILA? , btw did you manage to go to moa?

shot this just in our garden bro... can you believe we have a small garden only, pero ang daming iba't ibang uri ng insecto... laging ready ang camera ko para pag may nakita kong bagong insect ready to shoot!

hindi ako nakapunta sa pyro last friday and saturday, i decided not to go kasi ang traffic nga... sayang nga eh, kakainggit ang mga pics ng pyro dito sa pipho... mayroon kaya ulit 3rd pyro next year?

yes bro, im from manila...  :)

i agree.  nice timing!  what was your cam setting on this shot? 

btw, another great help for us is to turn on the histogram.  you can manipulate the curve in manual mode.

cam setting was 1/125sec, f3.5, iso64... yup i shoot using manual mode and histogram too most of the time, but im not yet very familiar toggling with the histogram/curve in adobe photoshop...  im actually a photoshop newbie :)

Offline airevolt

• feature per peck
  • Tocino + Rice
    • My Features
wow bro astig naman garden nyo! ang sayang mag photo op! Buti na lang nga rin di ka na nag atempt magpunta dahil malamang baka sayang lang dahil sa super trapik!.

Question nga pala bro pag nagmamacro ba advisable na mag flash? minsan kasi nag vivignette lalo na nga pag gamit ung adapter at ung close-up lens filter, minsan naman pag walang direct sunlight or makulimlim medyo di kaya ng lighting kumuha ng maayos. Ano bang mas advisable? Thanks!
Say Cheese at pa-Kiss!

Offline gesguerra

• Tocino + Rice
  • Life is short. Live!
airevolt: yan din ang problema ko bro pag nagmamacro ng madilim... kadalasan nga nag-vivignette pag ginamitan mo ng built-in flash... sometimes it helps na alisin mo na lang ang adapter, kaso hindi ka makakagamit ng close-up filter mo...

try to look for the thread sa DIY forum dito na "finnbounce", pampa-bounce ng built-in flash to another angle not direct to your subject, baka makatulong...

Offline airevolt

• feature per peck
  • Tocino + Rice
    • My Features
thanks, i'll try to research about the finnbounce bro.
Say Cheese at pa-Kiss!

Offline wikitoy

• Ovalteenees
lets make this thread more fun, share naman tayo ng pics natin. Ill start mine

dancing Sto. Niño

Offline gesguerra

• Tocino + Rice
  • Life is short. Live!
lets make this thread more fun, share naman tayo ng pics natin. Ill start mine

dancing Sto. Niño

that's right, everyone's welcome to post their shots here... nice shot bro, i never knew there was a dancing sto.nino, literally in a dancing position like this one...   :)

since you started being religious, here's mine:

The Knees That Endured Man's Sins
Redemptorist (Baclaran Church)

Tags: