!!

Hello Guest! Kumusta!

Thank you for visiting PiPho Forum!
It would be best if you will register so you can use the additional benefits of the community such as joining events, interacting with fellow members and view the hidden boards of the forum.

Mabuhay, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Classifieds Posts

Invalid feed.

Recent Forum Posts

Panasonic, Sony and TDK Mini DV for sale by crazysol
[Yesterday at 08:39:23 AM]

Quality You may Believe in by Julianas
[June 19, 2019, 03:58:31 PM]

Что послушать посоветуете? by ThomasBicut
[June 15, 2019, 09:17:21 PM]

Fiber Optic Jobs Careers by Chandhan
[June 14, 2019, 12:19:16 AM]

Life in New York by lenslover
[June 13, 2019, 11:38:05 PM]

Landscapes & Seascapes For All by vvcarpio
[June 03, 2019, 09:01:42 PM]

Still Life by Luthor
[June 02, 2019, 03:53:59 PM]

Cityscapes + Architecture Photographs? Share Here by rarevision
[May 22, 2019, 03:09:20 PM]

~~Henry's Professional Trinoma~~ by richiepablo22
[May 20, 2019, 11:22:04 AM]

NEWBIE Q & A Thread: Newbies Ask, Experts Answer PART 2 by ken2
[April 08, 2019, 05:04:37 PM]

Author Topic: MIRRORLESS CAMERA  (Read 5020 times)

Offline joycefler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Marie Biscuits
  • Liked: 0
  • looking to learn and be inspired
    • http://www.joyceflerdesigns.com/
  • Camera: Samsung NX
  • Field: Landscape
  • Model: Samsung NX3000
  • Nickname: Joyce
MIRRORLESS CAMERA
« on: April 25, 2017, 06:50:39 AM »
Hi everyone. So I got this camera. Samsung NX3000 thinking that it's good enough for what kind of photography I would like... which is basically amateur photography. lol. But eventually I will upgrade because my heart leaned towards landscape photography... but since I have this, do any of you guys use a mirrorless camera? To be honest, i feel quite ashamed of my camera compared to the DSLR users or better mirrorless model users here... But I am a post processing enthusiast... so i have that going for me.

What challenges did you encounter using mirrorless cameras?

Pinoy Photography - Philippines Online Photography Community

MIRRORLESS CAMERA
« on: April 25, 2017, 06:50:39 AM »

Offline retina

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 1046
  • Camera: Fujifilm
  • Field: Travel
  • Model: Nikon D750
  • Nickname: Doc A
Re: MIRRORLESS CAMERA
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 05:38:22 PM »
Hi everyone. So I got this camera. Samsung NX3000 thinking that it's good enough for what kind of photography I would like... which is basically amateur photography. lol. But eventually I will upgrade because my heart leaned towards landscape photography... but since I have this, do any of you guys use a mirrorless camera? To be honest, i feel quite ashamed of my camera compared to the DSLR users or better mirrorless model users here... But I am a post processing enthusiast... so i have that going for me.

The Samsung NX3000 is a very capable camera. There are advantages and disadvantages of the mirrorless over the DSLR. I have some Mirrorless and DSLR. The best thing to do is to shoot with it and get familiar with its weaknesses and strengths. Take advantage of its abilities and get around with its shortcomings. I still shoot my Panasonic LX3, its a point and shoot camera, and I am not ashamed of it. It is all in the mind. Maybe the thinking is from you and not from other people. If you can't make a good image with the nx3000, then either the camera is broken or you don't use it properly. I bet you are very capable. It is just a feeling of being a child of the lesser GoD...LOL. Enjoy and shoot with your NX3000 until it dies. The Samsung NX3000 is a highly rated cam. It has an APSC sensor which is very good...

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/samsung_nx3000_review/image_quality/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 05:41:05 PM by retina »

Offline moodless

• Tocino + Rice
  • Liked: 35
  • DU30
    • FLICKR
  • Camera: Sony, Pentax, Canon
  • Field: Architectural
  • Model: GF2 X10 NEX-5N A7 KM-5D,
  • Nickname: Allan
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 11:57:11 AM »

the samsung NX series of mirrorless camera is very usable and capable, i have the older black NX1000 which i removed the IR pass filter to make it a full spectrum camera so your upgraded version which is almost the exact same body type would be far better..it has  wifi which is very good, the only downside of samsung is the limited native lenses (the 20-55 is prone to AF issues) but like all mirrorless camera, you can use adapters to mount old vintage and new lenses from other camera lens mount to adapt and use on the samsung body.

if you do a lot of post processing, just shoot in raw or raw+jpeg and if you want to avoid noise, keep your iso as low as necessary. your model is good for vlogging with its 180deg rotating lcd (unlike mine which is fixed) and the video feature of samsung is far better than entry level nikon and canon dslrs.

keep it till you get tired of it.. the tech inside would be good for a few years and enough time for you to save for an upgrade to another brand in the future since samsung already stopped production of their nx series cameras.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:58:42 AM by moodless »

Offline lindsaywood1991

• Marie Biscuits
  • Mabuhay!
    • Skillshare Photography
  • Camera: NICKON
  • Field: Landscape
  • Nickname: Enzy
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 10:00:02 PM »
 a camera like the samsung nx1 or the sony a7rII or the best mirrorless camera for video is prob the sony a7IIs
Let's rock & roll!^_^

Offline Macula

• Nido Kid
  • Liked: 9
  • Mabuhay!
  • Camera: Pentax,Olympus
  • Model: k5,epl2
  • Nickname: Inggo
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 01:48:25 PM »

I have both dslr and m4/3 mirrorless. I love to use legacy lenses so I use my mirrorless camera more often than my dslr. Its the advantage of mirrorless over dslr. It has wider range of adaptable legacy lenses you can use. My mirrorless has smaller sensor. I wish it was bigger. It doesn t have evf. I wish the proprietary removable evf is cheap for my mirrorless. Comparing the image quality of my cameras, my dslr is better but it is expected because of the sensor size and age. It is not fair to compare an old entry level m4/3 to a flagship apsc dslr of almost the same age. Looking through the viewfinder is more stable than shooting with arms stretched and looking to the lcd. If your mirrorless doesn t have evf it is less stable and more prone to effects of shake. If you are not into shooting fast moving objects or only shoot between base ISO and 800 to 1600, and if your camera has hot shoe, IMO dslr will not offer more than what a mirrorless  has when it comes to what is essential to photography or maybe videography.

Offline neilc

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Circulan
  • Liked: 101
  • Sobra pero sakto!
  • Camera: Olympus
  • Field: Portraiture
  • Model: EM-5
  • Nickname: Neil
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 08:57:20 AM »
You get a camera not to show off but to shoot right? So why are you ashamed of it? The best camera is always the one you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Olympus EM-5 (OM-D), Olympus 17mm f1.8

Offline moodless

• Tocino + Rice
  • DU30
    • FLICKR
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 03:55:02 PM »
You get a camera not to show off but to shoot right? So why are you ashamed of it? The best camera is always the one you have.

True, but i had the same problem 5-6 years ago when i started with sony DSLRs prior to them shifting to SLT and mirrorless, almost everyone that uses a canon or nikon camera would think little of a sony DSLR or any other brand other than canonikon.. i just didnt get bothered by it personally since i opted for sony back then because it was the cheapest alternative transitioning from point-and-shoot cams to interchangeable lens camera.

time may have changed slightly nowadays, yet you still see a lot of newbies with heavy dslrs from canonnikon who still think they have the better system because their brand is more popular.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:56:37 PM by moodless »

Offline neilc

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Circulan
  • Liked: 101
  • Sobra pero sakto!
  • Camera: Olympus
  • Model: EM-5
  • Nickname: Neil
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 04:04:58 PM »

True, but i had the same problem 5-6 years ago when i started with sony DSLRs prior to them shifting to SLT and mirrorless, almost everyone that uses a canon or nikon camera would think little of a sony DSLR or any other brand other than canonikon.. i just didnt get bothered by it personally since i opted for sony back then because it was the cheapest alternative transitioning from point-and-shoot cams to interchangeable lens camera.

time may have changed slightly nowadays, yet you still see a lot of newbies with heavy dslrs from canonnikon who still think they have the better system because their brand is more popular.

Don't worry about them. They usually think you can have better photos if you have an SLR. As the saying goes, "wala sa pana yan, nasa Indian"

Been there done that. I started with SLRs with an arsenal of lenses. After so many years, I'm now using just a Panasonic LX100 and my trusty iPhone.

If you have money to burn, go ahead. For me, learn the craft first with your gear. I remember during my photography class, I'm just using a Canon S90 P&S, and I finished the course with that camera.

Olympus EM-5 (OM-D), Olympus 17mm f1.8

Offline moipogi

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Marie Biscuits
  • Liked: 5
MIRRORLESS CAMERA
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 04:51:19 PM »
Came from the canon-nikon world, then went mirrorless with a GF1 and an EM5. Dabbled with a Leica Type 109 ( LX100 cousin)

But missed the versatility of an ILC, so now enjoying my Sony A7R2 with some adapted lenses:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:53:48 PM by moipogi »

Offline retina

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 1046
  • Camera: Fujifilm
  • Nickname: Doc A
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 12:09:51 AM »
I am waiting for the prices of the a7r2 to drop. I don't think it will happen too soon. So, I need to wait a little more longer.

Offline moodless

• Tocino + Rice
  • DU30
    • FLICKR
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2017, 04:36:46 PM »
I am waiting for the prices of the a7r2 to drop. I don't think it will happen too soon. So, I need to wait a little more longer.

if you are going for e-mount lenses, sure, go ahead getting the a7r2 as it has all the necessary updates u could have if you are using sony lenses but if you prefer to use a mix of old manual lenses and the basic FE lenses only, then you wont go wrong with the older a7r2 (which cost half the price of the z7r2 model) or the a7II if you want in-body image stabilization.

Offline RuNerOk

• Marie Biscuits
  • Hi all!
  • Camera: Canon
  • Model: A-95
  • Nickname: RuNerOk
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 06:18:20 PM »

Postprocessing can do wonders. But it will not save the initially not very good photo. The main thing, keep in your mind the thought that it is not the camera makes person a photographer)
My first camera was Canon A-95 and I learned to make wonderful pictures with it) And my friend lerner to use photoshop on my photos) We fix the photos as best we could) And this helped us to develop as photographers)

Tags: