!!

Hello Guest! Kumusta!

Thank you for visiting PiPho Forum!
It would be best if you will register so you can use the additional benefits of the community such as joining events, interacting with fellow members and view the hidden boards of the forum.

Mabuhay, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Classifieds Posts

Recent Forum Posts

Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS USM by dolina
[Today at 05:17:21 AM]

Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM by jabba
[November 18, 2017, 02:38:55 AM]

Share Your Nightscapes by Fujiko
[November 17, 2017, 10:40:17 AM]

Reverse Lens Macro Shots by Fujiko
[November 17, 2017, 10:36:09 AM]

Flies by Fujiko
[November 17, 2017, 10:30:03 AM]

Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM by dolina
[November 17, 2017, 06:15:55 AM]

Haring Araw - Sunrise & Sunset by khouji
[November 16, 2017, 08:51:58 AM]

Street Life (a Street Photography Collection) by khouji
[November 16, 2017, 08:47:54 AM]

Mga Sikat... celebrity photos by rarevision
[November 12, 2017, 06:17:41 PM]

Insecta by Rundstedt
[November 11, 2017, 04:22:27 PM]

Author Topic: No Respect for copyright -check the site if you have photos there..  (Read 12979 times)

Offline paolotm

• Trade Count: (62)
  • Circulan
  • Liked: 9
  • Field: Landscape
Re: No Respect for copyright -check the site if you have photos there..
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 07:38:50 PM »
is this a "the end justifies the means" kind of arrogance? No remorse and no guilt at all...

Pinoy Photography - Philippines Online Photography Community

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2008, 07:38:50 PM »

Offline hubie

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Tocino + Rice
  • Liked: 1
    • None
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2008, 07:59:48 PM »
The nerve of that guy to tell you those things.  It just goes to show what kind of character he is with the kind of language that he is using.

This country of ours is really one place I would not leave, but the people should really change their attitude towards a lot of things and one thing is being honest.  What I noticed here in our country is that the person who is wrong tends act like a child and tries to intimidate you (kung baga uunahan ka sa sindak)

Hoefully he comes to his senses and admit his fault and be man enough to apologize.

Offline emmaica

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Tocino + Rice
  • Liked: 1
  • Field: Still Life
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 08:19:09 PM »
meron bang income sa forum?

not in the forum but in the website or sa blog kapag nagkaron ng advertisers may income yun..

@anton - magaling ka talagang photog to think na ninanakaw yung pics mo.. makarma na lang sila ;D

soundcloud.com/emmaicax

Offline bene323

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Nido Kid
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2008, 08:24:09 PM »
sir anton.. i agree.. ganda kasi mga shots mo kaya ninanakaw parati..

nakakainis naman ung mod na yun.. simple lang na link.. pinalaki nya..
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:36:42 PM by bene323 »

Offline kazer

• --
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • Circulan
  • Liked: 6
  • =) =) =) =) =)
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2008, 08:35:15 PM »
grabe yung author nung website.
aminado naman siya sa kasalanan niya e. pero binaling niya bigla dun sa pag accuse sa kanya.

then after dun saforums kung nabasa nyo nakaka inis lang.

parang sinasabi niya lang na.
oo nga may violation ako pero pano nyo ko mahahabol.

siya pa may ganang mag sabi na

" I just can’t believe that Filipinos like you still exists."

While we blog and advertise the Philippines for FREE to get across a message and to show how beautiful our country is to the outside world,

-yeah right. ikaw naman kumikita.

Offline dsrito

• Marie Biscuits
    • Vignettes
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2008, 08:49:07 PM »
Hi.

Just want to share a blog post related to this issue. This is from Rob Haggart's blog A Photo Editor on the Fair Use of Photography on a blog.
You'll learn more when you read the comments below the post:
http://aphotoeditor.com/2008/09/10/fair-use-of-photography-on-a-blog/

Dennis

Offline Jamalirio

• Today everything exists to end in a photograph.
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Robot
  • Live life to the fullest....
    • Flickr.com
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 09:15:24 PM »
This is really very sad.  :'( :'( :'(

Actually Intellectual Property Rights exists not just here but also in other countries. Its an International Organization.
But it will take time for us to developed the awareness of the Intellectual Property of everyone.

One big challenge of the Intellectual Property of the Philippines is to inform and give awareness to the public what the Intellectual Property Rights is all about. There are lot of Discussion with regards this matter, infringement, abuse of rights, unfair competition, copyright, trademarks and Patents.....

The Intellectual Property Research and Training Institute (IPRTI), established by the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines (IP Philippines), presented its training programs for the Enhancement of IP Practice (Enhance IP) and Management of IP (Manage IP) to Commissioner Nenalyn P. Defensor of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), and Assistant Secretary Carol Yorobe of the Department of Science and Technology (DoST).

“IPRTI will help our universities, research and development institutions (RDI), businesses and law enforcers protect and manage effectively our country’s valuable IP assets. The Institute, a critical component of the Philippine IP Policy Strategy, will be the center of IP education in the country and, hopefully, in the Asia Pacific region”

IPRTI has established strategic relationships with the Worldwide IP Academy of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and is a member of the international network of IP academies.

just to inform you that the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines is really working hard for this. Because we want our country and the government to center everything with IP. like Japan and Korea. and even the United States.

in that way our economy will be lifted up from the low rank in the international Arena.

So i suggest to the Admin and to the Moderators to have a separate thread where we can promote , talked and raised issues concerning Intellectual Property Rights. for us to be aware and spread the news to everyone to stop this kind of practice by others specially Pilipino...

Nakakahiya man sabihin pero PILIPINO sa pilipino ANG NAGAAWAY......... :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline ninja

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2008, 09:17:51 PM »
why not put a "ninakaw ko to kay ______" as a watermark :D tapos ilagay sa gitna ng picture
**** Nothing Follows ****

Offline terence_capocyan

• Ovalteenees
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 09:19:09 PM »
i bet lahat ng pictures nya grabbed lang
tsk tsk

Offline kazer

• --
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • Circulan
  • Liked: 6
  • =) =) =) =) =)
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2008, 09:27:38 PM »
para sa akin baliwala na yang intellectual property or any law..

its just respect for the pgotographer.
kaya nya naman pala mag lagay ng link nung una pa bat hindi niya nilagay
nag hihintay pa siyang hilingin ng may ari nung litrato na i link sa kanya bago niya ilagay.

sad part is mukang denial king siya...

Offline Jamalirio

• Robot
    • Flickr.com
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2008, 10:12:42 PM »
para sa akin baliwala na yang intellectual property or any law..

I understand that we have our own opinion but i hope you understand what is Intellectual Property first before you make baliwala of the Law.

Thats why there are lots of people who violated the rights of someone because of those kind of ignorance when it comes to IP rights or any other laws.

Im hopin that every PIPHO will have a very good understanding and respect to IP Rights of everyone.
Thats one of the main reason why i join the PIPHO organization. not just to shoot and share the passion but also to have camaraderie and in time slowly will inject the Intellectual Property to every photographers life.

just my two cents.....
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 10:14:26 PM by Jamalirio »

Offline Mon Corpuz

• Ex - Org Officio
  • Trade Count: (21)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 262
  • © moncorpuz.com
    • www.moncorpuz.com
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2008, 10:21:10 PM »
Sir Jam,

I'm interested how the government is handling Anton's case. It's good to know about IPO information and awareness program but it would be really nice to see how it handles legal prosecution of intellectual property rights cases.

/m

Offline Jamalirio

• Robot
    • Flickr.com
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2008, 10:30:17 PM »
Sir Jam,

I'm interested how the government is handling Anton's case. It's good to know about IPO information and awareness program but it would be really nice to see how it handles legal prosecution of intellectual property rights cases.

/m

There are lots of cases of Intellectual Property Rights.....
Mostly there are enforcement from other agancies who are aware of it and have Intellectual Property Divisions or Department that handles this cases. For PNP there is the IPD or Intellectual Property Division.

Right now the IP Philippines are setting strategic cooperation with Supreme Court.
The advocacy for specialized IP training for judges and the establishment of special IP Courts is gaining ground. This is largely due to the leadership of the Supreme Court that appreciates the relationship of intellectual property and economics.

IP Philippines recommends the development of an IP bench book for trial court judges. This will assist special IP court judges in deciding IP cases. Currently, the National Capital Region (NCR) has the most number of IP cases with Quezon City having 87 IP cases (23.6 percent), Manila Branch 24 with 69 cases (18.8 percent) and; Manila Branch 46 with 68 cases (18.5 percent). Region 3 or the Central Luzon Region has 38 cases (7.6 percent) closely followed by Region 11, covering Davao and Socsargen, with 37 cases (7.4 percent). Region 6 or Western Visayas has 23 cases (4.6 percent) while Region 12 or Central Mindanao has 6 (1.2 percent).

IP Philippines puts forward a technology program for judges to help monitor IP cases in the country. This will also link the courts to create a virtual portal to facilitate information exchange among IP judges, and to assist the judiciary to establish a case monitoring system for IP disputes.

Offline Mon Corpuz

• Ex - Org Officio
  • Trade Count: (21)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 262
  • © moncorpuz.com
    • www.moncorpuz.com
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2008, 10:32:34 PM »
There are lots of cases of Intellectual Property Rights.....
Mostly there are enforcement from other agancies who are aware of it and have Intellectual Property Divisions or Department that handles this cases. For PNP there is the IPD or Intellectual Property Division.

Right now the IP Philippines are setting strategic cooperation with Supreme Court.
The advocacy for specialized IP training for judges and the establishment of special IP Courts is gaining ground. This is largely due to the leadership of the Supreme Court that appreciates the relationship of intellectual property and economics.

IP Philippines recommends the development of an IP bench book for trial court judges. This will assist special IP court judges in deciding IP cases. Currently, the National Capital Region (NCR) has the most number of IP cases with Quezon City having 87 IP cases (23.6 percent), Manila Branch 24 with 69 cases (18.8 percent) and; Manila Branch 46 with 68 cases (18.5 percent). Region 3 or the Central Luzon Region has 38 cases (7.6 percent) closely followed by Region 11, covering Davao and Socsargen, with 37 cases (7.4 percent). Region 6 or Western Visayas has 23 cases (4.6 percent) while Region 12 or Central Mindanao has 6 (1.2 percent).

IP Philippines puts forward a technology program for judges to help monitor IP cases in the country. This will also link the courts to create a virtual portal to facilitate information exchange among IP judges, and to assist the judiciary to establish a case monitoring system for IP disputes.

Looks like a long shot. Good to know we have such measures by the government.

Offline flxrms

• HGT
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Robot
  • Liked: 11
  • Field: Portraiture
  • Nickname: Felix Pogi
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2008, 10:34:07 PM »
**Taken from the forum ng magnanakaw
"It was not a problem of giving credit eh. Its how he said it na para bang nanindak. Im sorry and he's full of it. Even yung mga fans nya eh is mukhang mga patay gutom (Im sorry for saying that) they do agree whithout thinking."

GRABE naman yan nasa forum nya...ang yabang nya porke nasa US sya...matapobreng G**O yata yon eh... at paikot ikot pa yung sinasabing wala sya kasalanan.poke...nakakainis..

Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee.
Savor the coffee, not the cups!

Offline Jamalirio

• Robot
    • Flickr.com
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2008, 10:46:12 PM »
Looks like a long shot. Good to know we have such measures by the government.

yes its a long shot but im always positive in that... Hinay hinay lang pero tama.....

As what the European Patent Office (EPO) representative told us in a meeting That Europe started/fully aware of the Intellectual Property after several decades...... imagine the challenge of the office is to transform the main objectives of each and everyone and the businesses to a goal which nurture intellectual property. so it is a big changes atotal paradigm shift. Nothing is Impossible... but it will take time, patience and perseverance to achieved thi goals.........

Offline yokolok

• Marie Biscuits
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2008, 12:52:41 AM »
the owner is just arrogant...imagine using a handle like sexy beast in his forum...well he probably is a beast...

he steals your picture and expects you to crawl to him to beg him to take it out? ganun madalas - ang mali pa ang mayabang...nagtatapang dahil nakatago...
best,
yoks

Offline localhost

• Circulan
  • No worries, mate!
    • Larry Anda | PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2008, 04:56:55 AM »

yun nga napansin ko rin. 

"- - - - - . We promote the Philippines without anything in return "

meron bang income sa forum?

OT:

Basta pag nakakita ka ng advertise here, your ad here, google adsense siyempre nagge-gnerate ng income yun... 

On-T:

Grabe naman... siya na nga ang magnanakaw siya pa ang galit.
1 APS-C body, 4 lenses, 4 flashes and lots of accessories with 0 skills to go with it.

Offline digitalrealm

• Nido Kid
    • Blogalicious: a photo odyssey
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2008, 07:58:44 AM »
I've just checked out his site; so far, I found one photo of mine:

http://www.paraisophilippines.com/2008/06/10/city-of-manila/#comment-787

I left a message in his comment box.  Let's see what he has to say.

Unbelievable!

he is online and he should know the rules... now it gets interesting when people discover that their photos are all over his site..

Offline digitalrealm

• Nido Kid
    • Blogalicious: a photo odyssey
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2008, 08:10:56 AM »
update on the issue.. I asked my lawyer to send him a note..

Mr. De Guzman,

My client, Anton Sheker has referred to me the matter of your use of his photo in your website. As you know, both U.S. and Philippine laws protect owners of photo from the moment of their creation. Your use of his photo is considered copyright infringement in both countries. All my client requested was for you to cite the source and in the alternative, have it removed. The photo is the property of my client. Furthermore, it is exactly this same photo which is the subject of a lawsuit which we filed against a major newspaper here in the Philippines.

We take strong offense in the language you used in replying to the request of my client. Certainly, it is unbecoming of a person of your stature. We do not doubt your sincerity in promoting the Philippines but we do ask that you do such in good faith and above board. Your actions did constitute copyright infringement. All my client asked was to cite his name as the source and credit him with ownership.

With due respect, we implore and request you in the strongest possible terms to remove the photo from your website.

Thank you and we hope we have made our position clear.

Roderick P. Vera, JD, LLM | Managing Partner
Tel. +63.2.829.1145 | Cell. +63.917.884.8372

Vera & Associates*
78 Lourdes Street, Teoville | Parañaque, Philippines 1720
Law Firm Webpage
Blog Site
*Member: International Trademark Association

And here is the arrogant bastard's reply..

NOTE: note how I have to ask "nicely" after he steals my photo? and i have to present evidence? this is *toink* sorry for my french..

Well I think I have an idea of copyright law here in the US as I also work in Washington DC. http://www.copyright.gov/document.html

In fact it was not a matter of a link as I do give links for free. Its a matter of how you say it nicely without threatening me. Dati na po akong takot eh. Maybe your client can ask me again "NICELY" this time presenting evidence that he really owns the photo image without barging like a goon that he was the one who sued Manila Bulletin. Sa Pinas lang yan po mga siga.

I have good faith in promoting the Philippines Tourism without getting anything back from it. Matter of fact just because its a "hobby" na tulungan ang Pilipinas I spend time and money in doing that. Maybe if you look at my website eh makita nyo po na sariling template yan.

Wala ho na problema I can site his name as long as the evidence is there na authenticated. Send me the papers po. Saka kung ayaw nyo po na magamit ang kanyang mga images ng iba my suggestion is he puts watermark sa kanyang mga images. Saka pwede po na mapigilan ang photos to be not downloadable sa web. Google Images has Billion of pictures. To be professional is to place the correct watermarks.

Maraming Pong Salamat
Jude Deguzman
Maryland USA

Tags: