!!

Hello Guest! Kumusta!

Thank you for visiting PiPho Forum!
It would be best if you will register so you can use the additional benefits of the community such as joining events, interacting with fellow members and view the hidden boards of the forum.

Mabuhay, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Portal News

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

Recent Classifieds Posts

Recent Forum Posts

Author Topic: Food Photography or Landscape Photography for Coffee Table books...  (Read 1438 times)

Offline grushagray

• foodiewifeymama
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tocino + Rice
  • Liked: 0
  • foodiewifeymama
    • FOODIE WIFEY MAMA
Guys.. help... I'm planning to venture into food photography or landscape photography as a hobby/business in one... any suggestions for me on how I can start... like what I need to prepare, what I need to know, what gear I need, who I need to contact and get in touch with...etc.  Anyone here into Food Photography as well? What about Landscape Photography? I'd love to hear your comments and opinions on those types of photography.... even if di kayo into that... negative... positive... kahit ano ;D Game ;D

Masters, what are your takes on this? ;D
Please check out my Food Blog, FOODIE WIFEY MAMA!
Follow me there too so I can keep you posted on my new reviews and recipes :) No spam, promise! :)
http://foodiewifeymama.blogspot.com

Offline marcsv

• Tocino + Rice
  • paracetamol boy
    • DeviantArt Portfolio
Re: Food Photography or Landscape Photography for Coffee Table books...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 12:42:10 PM »
for landscape photography, i suggest you purchase a wide angle lens and a set of filters. Since you are a DSLR user your cam will do just fine, but if you want to get into it get at least a medium format camera with a lens below 80 mm
::marc::
-------------------------
Death begins in the eyes as all hope drains and fate is accepted.
My DeviantArt Gallery

Offline fray

• lagarista
  • Nido Kid
    • fray multiply
Re: Food Photography or Landscape Photography for Coffee Table books...
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 01:40:45 PM »
Hi! Im also into food photography (as a sideline) and landscape photography(as a hobby)..:)

for both field you need a good tripod.. when photographing food its good to use tripod cause then you
can rearrange your layout/style with the same angle.. close-up filter also works for me for food photography..
for landscape you'll definitely use tripod for slow shutter..

before buying expensive equipments try to first find alternatives and find time to experiment, like for example, most of the time daylight is better than using softbox when photographing food, white cartolina also works
as backdrop than those expensive product table.. :)

shooting landscape photography taught me everything about exposure, shooting various scenes and finding
the best time to shoot.. don't be limited to what equipment you have, even without ultra-wide angle you
could still shoot landscape with telephoto, I sometimes use 400mm in taking sceneries and for shooting food hehe... :D

i find it hard to make landscape photography as a profession/bizniz cause even top magazine publishers pays
too low for a stock landscape photo..

gudluck! :)

Guys.. help... I'm planning to venture into food photography or landscape photography as a hobby/business in one... any suggestions for me on how I can start... like what I need to prepare, what I need to know, what gear I need, who I need to contact and get in touch with...etc.  Anyone here into Food Photography as well? What about Landscape Photography? I'd love to hear your comments and opinions on those types of photography.... even if di kayo into that... negative... positive... kahit ano ;D Game ;D

Masters, what are your takes on this? ;D
kaya natin to pilipinas!

Tags: